Glock Talk banner

Sig has halted production of the P365

58311 Views 379 Replies 142 Participants Last post by  RadRand
This is not a joke, or fake news. Considerable discussion today on the various Sig forums that Sig has temporarily halted production of the P365 to iron out some problems that have been reported and apparently confirmed by Sig. Interesting that some guns are evidencing misaligned barrels causing damage after only a 100 or so rounds. Sig had no announcement as to when production might be restarted. Here is a link to such discussion: http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/271490-sig-tweaking-p365-design.html
41 - 60 of 380 Posts

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Sig needs to can all their engineers and get some of Gaston's boys over there to show em how it's done.
The amount of recalls, voluntary safety upgrades and discontinued models is ridiculous...
It’s not not like Gaston’s boys haven’t had some pretty embarrassing product roll outs themselves...

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Never, EVER, jump on a new weapon platform. Wait a few years for the bugs to get ironed out and the price to drop. IMO, only a fool pays a premium to be the 1st on the block to own the latest thing.
I agree with the premise but I don’t think that with the simplistic design of striker guns it takes years to iron one out. The average striker gun has 30-40 parts on it which makes it fairly simple to track down areas of concern. Personally, with the bugs I’ve seen in numerous brands of striker guns it’s either they are not testing them or they are just choosing to fix known issues after the sale. Car manufacturers have chosen the latter for years. When I was in the automotive industry we got bulletins concerning certain problems before new model cars even made it to the showrooms.

· Registered
3,836 Posts
Lots of "Sig Fans" out there. Im amazed how many of them only swear by the German made Sigs. Is there anybody who is happy with Sig guns made here? All ya here is, " my German made Sig has been flawless."

· Registered
8,844 Posts
This is what happens when they don't take the time to fully test it.
Yep.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/19/breaking-glock-17m-recalled-police-department/

https://us.glock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

https://www.military.com/kitup/2011/11/glock-gen-4-recall-explained.html

My point is not to diss Glock. I love Glock, despite their profound lack of innovation. But we should be careful in looking down our noses at Sig or any other maker who has a problem and fixes it. Glock was doing exactly the same thing long before the P320 and P365 were released.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Lots of "Sig Fans" out there. Im amazed how many of them only swear by the German made Sigs. Is there anybody who is happy with Sig guns made here? All ya here is, " my German made Sig has been flawless."
I’ve held numerous W.German 226 pistols. Tore them apart and looked at their guts. Finish was some better than the guts of my CZ 75s but to me they didn’t justify paying what the owners wanted for them. I could buy a BNIB 75, P01, PCR-D for less than the used Sigs that appeared to have very high round counts through them. I guess a CZ will have to make do for me.

· Supreme Member
4,566 Posts
I'd really like to have one. But this is exactly why I didn't rush out and buy one when they first became available.

Hope they get the problems sorted out. I'll gladly give them my money if they can produce a reliable product.

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
I have several U.S. SIG's and am quite happy with them! I only have two Germans (a stainless 226 and an old P6 police trade-in, which is not exactly the pinnacle of detail!). U.S. SIG's are fine. They just aren't made the way they used to be with an artisan's attention to detail.

My SIG TACOPS TB is a locally grown SIG, and it is fine. It is my nightstand gun.

Reactions: Sendarr

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Sig needs to can all their engineers and get some of Gaston's boys over there to show em how it's done.
The amount of recalls, voluntary safety upgrades and discontinued models is ridiculous...
Ummmm... which generation of Glock engineers are we talking about? The current batch of engineers that quietly fixed all the issues with early G43's and G42's and the G19 RSA problems?

Or the older Glock engineers who dealt with the 2005 G36 safety failures?

Or the much older Glock engineers who dealt with the 1993 unintentional discharge on the G19's or the 1992 firing pin safety issue?

The multiple RSA changes, follower upgrades, and magazine changes, and 2002 frame rail breakage upgrades weren't so long ago, maybe they can help, too!

Are we getting them to help teach how to address known design issues, quietly execute upgrades with minimal attention, or teach SIG manufacturing to correct an issue with a myriad of followers and odd bits numbered with tiny dots or dashes to make the process fairly cryptic to anyone without access to internal information?

Not saying SIG is better, but let's hold up a better example of the way to do things than Glock. How are H&K product roll outs? Can we use them as a good example? S&W and Springfield (XD's) are out of the question...

Reactions: happyguy

· Registered
3,836 Posts
I have several U.S. SIG's and am quite happy with them! I only have two Germans (a stainless 226 and an old P6 police trade-in, which is not exactly the pinnacle of detail!). U.S. SIG's are fine. They just aren't made the way they used to be with an artisan's attention to detail.

My SIG TACOPS TB is a locally grown SIG, and it is fine. It is my nightstand gun.
When did such a well known, quality manufacture start going wrong? Please understand, I have nothing against Sig. I don't want any American gun manufacture to be in trouble, or any American company, for that matter.

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Unless made by Sig. :eek:uttahere:
The Granite Series was certainly one of the spectacular roll-outs, for sure! Right up there with the Mosquito... :couch:

Reactions: fastbolt

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
When did such a well known, quality manufacture start going wrong? Please understand, I have nothing against Sig. I don't want any American gun manufacture to be in trouble, or any American company, for that matter.
SIG marketing is bizarre (rainbows, military, and other exaggerated names/designs). Bizarre.

As for quality, some have nostalgic ties to truly unique craftsmanship (the sort that Glock, H&K, FN, Ruger, and others have never even attempted), and the new versions are not made to that level of fine detail.

Having said that, if one is just seeking a reliable handgun, if you avoid new products (that applies not only to SIG, but to Glock, XD, S&W and others!), there is absolutely nothing wrong with SIG handguns. A 226 will be perfectly reliable, just as a Gen4 G17 will be.

I am sad to see companies value profits at the expense of employees and product quality, but this is not unique to SIG. Pick a product category, and pick a company, and you will see the same. Some (Cerberus, Freedom, etc.) are more cutthroat than others, but they are all on the same path. You don't think Glock changed metal treatments because they found a superior one, do you? They did it to pinch pennies. Just like everyone else... including SIG.

Reactions: loweryb221

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
I agree with the premise but I don’t think that with the simplistic design of striker guns it takes years to iron one out. The average striker gun has 30-40 parts on it which makes it fairly simple to track down areas of concern. Personally, with the bugs I’ve seen in numerous brands of striker guns it’s either they are not testing them or they are just choosing to fix known issues after the sale. Car manufacturers have chosen the latter for years. When I was in the automotive industry we got bulletins concerning certain problems before new model cars even made it to the showrooms.

Look at this Sig, look at the Sig 320, look at the Glock Gen 4, look at the Remington 51

All striker fired, all pieces of problematic **** when first released

41 - 60 of 380 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.