Glock Talk banner

Sig has halted production of the P365

58293 379
This is not a joke, or fake news. Considerable discussion today on the various Sig forums that Sig has temporarily halted production of the P365 to iron out some problems that have been reported and apparently confirmed by Sig. Interesting that some guns are evidencing misaligned barrels causing damage after only a 100 or so rounds. Sig had no announcement as to when production might be restarted. Here is a link to such discussion: http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/271490-sig-tweaking-p365-design.html
361 - 380 of 380 Posts

· Banned
727 Posts
You are missing the whole point... 11 rounds in the same size package of the G43. The G26 is 1.18" wide, where the P365 is 1" wide... more in line with the G43 at 1.02" wide. It isn't a matter of how they configured the magazine to get there, but that they have more capacity in a similar sized frame as the G43. We asked for a small, single stack Glock for years and Glock finally answered with the G43. Sig has upped the game with more capacity in the same size package.
I'm glad your excited bro. I have handled and shot both. All the excitement over a CCW gun that as already reliability issues is a popcorn fart in a whirlwind.

· Registered
5,846 Posts
I'm glad your excited bro. I have handled and shot both. All the excitement over a CCW gun that as already reliability issues is a popcorn fart in a whirlwind.
No worries bro, nobody wants to take your G26 and G43 from you. They are good guns and will serve you well. Personally, I got tired of dealing with a trash stock trigger, and cheap sights. But that aside, Sig changed the game whether you're impressed or not, as owners and non-owners should benefit from this as it's capitalism at it's finest. Although, I will say, Glock is usually late to the party.... see the Shield for reference.

· Registered
4,272 Posts
Reliability issue has been addressed. Not saying that I am waiting in line for one, but they are on my radar. Glad you like the G26, but if I am going to carry something that thick, might as well carry my G23.

· With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,892 Posts
In all fairness, many new launches have bugs that need to be worked out. The excitement is about a gun the size of a G43 that carries the same number of rounds as a G26. If it is reliable and shoots fine then it really could be a game changer. Personally, I’m interested in the 365, but I’m concerned about the long term durability and performance of the magazines.

· G43 Fanboy
3,440 Posts
I finally had a chance to shoot Sig P365 a couple of weekends ago.
I was at our club’s range shooting my G43, and another member showed up with a P365 he just picked up locally. He let me shoot one mag of 115gr FMJ. I don’t know if it was the “beta” version or the updated version with new sights and other improvements, but it wasn’t bad, actually. The trigger pull was shorter than I expected from photos. It also felt lighter and smoother than I thought. The gun functioned all right for all 10 rounds, except that the slide did not hold open after the last round was fired...

· Banned
727 Posts
Reliability issue has been addressed. Not saying that I am waiting in line for one, but they are on my radar. Glad you like the G26, but if I am going to carry something that thick, might as well carry my G23.
In all fairness, many new launches have bugs that need to be worked out. The excitement is about a gun the size of a G43 that carries the same number of rounds as a G26. If it is reliable and shoots fine then it really could be a game changer. Personally, I’m interested in the 365, but I’m concerned about the long term durability and performance of the magazines.
Just for the record I am not a Sig hater, I want to add a 226 to my collect someday but I am disappointed with the 320 problems and the 365 production problems and thus leary. It may be turn out to be a fine dependable solid weapon but I dont see all the hoopla. I've handled it I've shot it. It comfortable in the hand it shot nice it did have 1 FTE in 25 rds but I honestly dont have any complaints but it seems they shaved a few fractions of an inch off here and there and producted a weapon that should be the most dependible gun you own and this one may have some bugs to work out oh and they also want you to pay a couple hundred more for it. If it turns out to be as dependable as the Sig is known for I may want one. I am just disappointed no Sig hate here. Have fun and stay safe Bros

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Are we giving a free pass to the S&W Shield for their safety "upgrade" for being able to fire if dropped, and the early issues with the G43, G19, and other Glock's that also had teething issues (the G43 even had the very same symptom... not returning to battery).

I noted in another thread here on this very forum that after the G43 was out for six months, a casual survey of people who had issues with the G43 versus those with no issues resulted in 36% of the early G43 adopters reporting having had an issue with their G43! I am surprised how quickly people forget! Glock eventually resolved things (after a few trigger upgrades and a magazine fix).

Baby... Bathwater...

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
It seem to me comparing a g43 to a 365 is Apples and Oranges. the 43 is a single stack compare to the sig965 if you will, the 365 is a double stack and should be compared to the g26 which is not as tall as the 365 and only fractions of an inch overall length and width larger and gives you a longer barrel. Plus there is no "IF" in the conversation of the reliability of the G26. Just saying guys. Stay safe and have fun bros
We are comparing based upon size. If just comparing capacity, a G34 in California (10 rounds) is the same as a G26. Makes no sense.

Compare the sizes, and see if the 365 is more like a G43 or a G26. If one has more capacity, that does not mean it has to be compared to bigger guns. It means it has a significant advantage over similarly sized guns.

To illustrate: G43 versus 365 (365 is smaller in some dimensions).

G43 versus G26 (G43 above is slightly larger than the 365, but here the G43 is MUCH smaller than a G26):

G43 vs G26... different size:

Reactions: kiser64

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
It seem to me comparing a g43 to a 365 is Apples and Oranges. the 43 is a single stack compare to the sig965 if you will, the 365 is a double stack and should be compared to the g26 which is not as tall as the 365 and only fractions of an inch overall length and width larger and gives you a longer barrel. Plus there is no "IF" in the conversation of the reliability of the G26. Just saying guys. Stay safe and have fun bros
Here is the comparison you are looking for if seeking APPLES to APPLES.

All have similar height, width, and length (excluding magazine).
All have ten round (+1) capacity.

S&W Shield, SIG 365, G43:

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Boiler, you just need to back off with your facts and logic. By god this is an emotional subject!
Sorry. I am out of Kool-Aid. I will strive to do better.

My hope is that when a 365 arrives at my LGS, the kinks will be worked out. SIG has work to do in that regard, but the potential is there. Hoping they get it right!

If not, here's to hoping that the idea gets others (S&W, Glock, Beretta, Springfield/HSProdukt, H&K, etc.) to come up with something similar that is reliable. There is one other entrant in the "super-small-but-has-ten-rounds" space (P11), so let's see if other gun companies can do something as good or better!

Reactions: Mister X

· Banned
727 Posts
Here is the comparison you are looking for if seeking APPLES to APPLES.

All have similar height, width, and length (excluding magazine).
All have ten round (+1) capacity.
As I have said I may have a 365 someday but today I have a CCW yes a little larger but equal in capacity and more(try sticking a 50rd drum in a 365 lol) but if I ever have to pull the trigger I know it is going to work. Until they get the bugs worked its not the greatest thing since slice bread is all I'm saying. I think if guys want to hear that kind 365 is great talk they should go to a Sig group.lol this is a Glock group, your asking Glock lover to be traitors.lol I like the looks and feel of the 365 and I thought Glock was a gun monstrosity ugliest weapon ever produced until I shot one. I still think they are ugly, a 1911 is beautiful, but I know my life and the life of my family can depend on a Glock. It seems you love or hate or as I do,cool gun. But trying to convert Glock Lovers on a Glock site, well good luck boys but have fun and stay safe Bros. So to bent 365 profits hangs loose guys hang loose.

S&W Shield, SIG 365, G43:

· Banned
727 Posts
Sorry. I am out of Kool-Aid. I will strive to do better.

My hope is that when a 365 arrives at my LGS, the kinks will be worked out. SIG has work to do in that regard, but the potential is there. Hoping they get it right!

If not, here's to hoping that the idea gets others (S&W, Glock, Beretta, Springfield/HSProdukt, H&K, etc.) to come up with something similar that is reliable. There is one other entrant in the "super-small-but-has-ten-rounds" space (P11), so let's see if other gun companies can do something as good or better!
You are right Gonzo they will get it worked and others will follow suit, even dragging their feet kicking and screaming Glock lol. If that happens Sig started it all.

361 - 380 of 380 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.