Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,892 Posts
I’m guessing Sig rushed this thing into production without adequate testing.

This is exactly why we shouldn’t rush to buy a new release right away. Wait a year or so until the inevitable bugs are worked out.

20,892 Posts
While you are waiting for Sig to get it right, The M&P Shield and Bodyguard is a proven combination, priced right, excellent availability of holsters etc, very reliable, accurate enough, and concealable.
I like both of my Shields (9 and 45), but the P365 carries more bullets in a smaller package with a shorter grip that prints less. That’s why a P365 may be in my future if Sig can get their act together. At least Smith & Wesson fully tested the Shields before they started taking people’s money.

20,892 Posts
You are open to the 365, so this is just a factual note, and I realize you are not commenting out of blind bias.. so this is to be taken lightly! Usually, I have to point to prior (but forgotten/ignored) Glock issues, like the G43, G42, G19, six-part upgrade, etc., when SIG is singled out as being unique, but this one is different...

:horsey: Now it is S&W's turn!!!!

Were S&W Shield's REALLY tested before they started "taking other people's money"? Or have we moved on, largely forgotten/forgiven and accepted all the early problems?

"Smith & Wesson has identified a condition where the trigger bar pin could damage the lower trigger in certain M&P Shields in a way that may affect the functionality of the drop safety feature of the firearm, potentially allowing the pistol to discharge if it is dropped... this Safety Alert applies to all M&P Shield pistols manufactured before August 19, 2013."

OOPS! They had an "upgrade" too! You can find it on S&W's web site.

They called theirs a "safety alert". :cheers:
I bought my Shield in the fall of 2013 and didn’t know anything about this issue. I learned something new today. Thanks.

Reactions: boilergonzo

20,892 Posts
I'm glad your excited bro. I have handled and shot both. All the excitement over a CCW gun that as already reliability issues is a popcorn fart in a whirlwind.
In all fairness, many new launches have bugs that need to be worked out. The excitement is about a gun the size of a G43 that carries the same number of rounds as a G26. If it is reliable and shoots fine then it really could be a game changer. Personally, I’m interested in the 365, but I’m concerned about the long term durability and performance of the magazines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.