Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· woof, woof
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a beater p220, fully functional but could use a facelift. Slide is no problem. I can blast it and bake on some KG Gunkote

But how does one refinish the aluminum frame when the serial number is not stamped or engraved (it's just "printed" onto the frame, or however sig put it on there)? Aside from just taping over the # so as not to paint over it, is there some trick to this I'm missing? Obviously I don't want to obscure the serial #. (And, no, I'm not planning on blasting the aluminum frame, just applying some sort of finish.)

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

· Registered
12,616 Posts
I recently picked up a beater p220, fully functional but could use a facelift. Slide is no problem. I can blast it and bake on some KG Gunkote

But how does one refinish the aluminum frame when the serial number is not stamped or engraved (it's just "printed" onto the frame, or however sig put it on there)? Aside from just taping over the # so as not to paint over it, is there some trick to this I'm missing? Obviously I don't want to obscure the serial #. (And, no, I'm not planning on blasting the aluminum frame, just applying some sort of finish.)

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
I think Sig refinishes their slides. I would call sig and at the very least check it out. I also recommend extremely highly the sig service package. Just got an email that it's $99.95 as a Father's Day deal(very very well worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.