Sig eliminates the P225, limits P220 to Legion, other models discontinued

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by tactical_turkey_thug, Dec 9, 2019.

1. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Also, peruse Gunbroker regularly. I bought 2 brand new Sig P220 Nitrons this past year, both for $580 shipped. Strangely, they were months apart and from two different vendors and I was the only bidder. Seems like no one wants them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus007 likes this.
  2. CAcop

CAcop

That's why they are dropping them. The 229 has been the most popular model for a long time. Then the 226. The 220 was basically for people who like .45 but don't like 1911s or fat higher cap .45 guns (Glock, HK, etc.)

Nevermind the 320/M17. Even with all its faults, that seem to be getting straightened out, it is still a good seller and lower cost to produce.

A good portion of this is LE sales driven. Everybody wants more, cheaper bullets and higher capacity.

3. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Makes sense. In the end, it’s going to be crusty old guys carrying these and maybe some young guys down the road who are into the retro thing. Me, I just ordered a Milt Sparks holster for it. May as well stay classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus007, CAcop, cbetts1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

They still sell, but they're not hugely popular. They just need a lower price point to move.

A month or two ago, CDNN was selling the CPO P220s for $450. I was about to buy one, then they suddenly bumped them up to $550. My guess is, they were selling like hotcakes at $450 so CDNN decided the price was too low.

But even at $550, they're still selling. Not selling fast, CDNN shows how many they have in stock, but they are selling.

cbetts1 likes this.
  5. NoComp

NoComp The Shootist

Yea, it just made my P225 I picked up for 700.00 a few months ago a keeper. This one is an exemplary build from Sig. P225A1 (1).JPG

Cambo, Sechott, Scott65 and 1 other person like this.
  6. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Smith and Wesson suffered from a similar fate with 'The Gun of the Month Club' business model back in the early 90's

7. bac1023

bac1023

I’ve got multiple P225’s and P220’s, so I’m good. I think Sig will eventually be all polymer or very close. They will probably keep the P210A and the 1911’s.

8. Operator_AF

Operator_AF

I'm afraid we aren't far away from every major manufacturer only offering only polymer framed or polymer striker fired guns, and the metal framed DA/SA and SAO pistols become either relics or "custom shop" type offerings. I just don't see many governmental agencies in America requesting the latter any more and I don't think the general consumers want them either.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  9. hardluk1

hardluk1

OH I not concerned much about what model firearm come's and go's or those that stay the same over time .Most of mine are ,a , well out of production and not service by the makers regardless or there "life time " warranty !

banger likes this.
  10. kjphilippona

kjphilippona

I have one in 10mm, its one of my favorite shooters!

11. kjphilippona

kjphilippona

Amazing little gun! IMG_2707.jpg

CAcop, Cambo, Jan R Whitaker and 2 others like this.
  12. CAcop

CAcop

I think you are right. Aside from polymer and 1911s they will keep 229 and 226 pistols. Those two are pretty popular duty guns for military and police and if you want something metal frames that is fairly easy to get holsters that is pretty much it. Beretta 92fs pistols have lost a huge amount of ground.

I bet we will see 220 pistols pop up with special runs. Kind of like how 3 inch or so M66 revolvers pop up every so often.