Sig customer service has been good to me.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by G31, Apr 1, 2010.

1. G31

G31 Millennium Member

I hear people say bad things about SIG customer service recently and wanted to relay my experiences. I've had limited opportunity to use SIG customer service and can say I've been pretty satisfied so far.

1st time was a broken firing pin positioning pin (FPPP) in my 220ST slide back in late '07. They sent me one with no questions asked and gave me directions for install.

2nd time was a messed up P226 grip bushing in mid '08. They would send me a new one, but couldn't repair the frame where it stripped out, and being a CPO out of warranty, they said it would cost me to get a frame. The guy was good enough to suggest options to fix it at home.

3rd time was last week. I needed another FPPP, and they suggested I try the double roll pin, as they have gone back to it in the newest models. Got it today, and it will not fit older solid pin models...period. Called them and have a new FPPP on the way. He gave me armorer's directions to do the install myself if i wanted to, or have it done by an armorer.

Bottom line is they were decent to me every time. I got all the parts without hassle and without paying a red cent. The people were friendly on the phone. What more do I need? Granted, they did not fix my 226, but I couldn't have expected them to fix a used gun for free.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. adamg01

adamg01

That doesn't seem too limited to me. You have dealt with them 3 times in 3 years. That is good to hear you didn't get a hassle to get the problems resolved though.

I was just at the local shop today with a buddy who works there and I was talking about my bad experience with Ruger cs. He had a guy buy a brand new Ruger .44 mag and factory ammo from the store and went straight to the range. The Ruger blew up on him on the 3rd round and they had a really hard time getting Ruger to fix it. It actually came down to the store threatening them before it got resolved. :steamed:

3. Flipz

Flipz

Overall Sig CS has been great in my experience, which is limited. But there is one guy there who is horrible. You'll know who he is if you ever get him in the lottery of who answer your call. His name is Ray Carter. He is horrible to deal with. He just comes off as a guy that doesnt want to be there and hates actually having to do work. Just pray that if you ever have something that you need to call them about that you dont get him.

Now, like I said above, overall they are great. But in a customer's eyes, one bad apple can sometimes spoil the bunch. I think they need to find Ray a different position over at Sig. Maybe they need a new Custodial Engineer?

4. G31

G31 Millennium Member

I think it's the guy who answered when I had the grip bushing problem. He sounded like a miserable person, but still helped me out in the end. I usually adjust my speech when dealing with people like that so I sound more demanding, rather than asking, but in a nice way (as to not seem like an ***). I guess it worked on him because I had no problems getting answers I wanted. Still sounded like he was less-than-thrilled to be there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010