GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone New owner of a Sig. 365. The firing rail channel thats in the frame has a little give to it. Like it moves back and forward a little. When tye pistol is back together and I pull tye trigger sonetime I can feel the firing control device in the frame move (the metal back under the back of the slide moves).
Is this normal or did I get a lemon?

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
Not "Normal" but happens. I have multiple grip modules for my P365, and the original one that came with the pistol does the same thing. I ordered another exact module after trying an XL module on the pistol. Neither of them have that movement feeling. I contacted SiG and they sent me a new P365 module which does NOT have movement.

At first they were thinking I was describing the slide moving slightly when staging the trigger (unloaded!). But it was the FCU moving in the module. There must have been a tiny out of spec aspect of that module. My P365XL does not move at all either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say module is that
Not "Normal" but happens. I have multiple grip modules for my P365, and the original one that came with the pistol does the same thing. I ordered another exact module after trying an XL module on the pistol. Neither of them have that movement feeling. I contacted SiG and they sent me a new P365 module which does NOT have movement.

At first they were thinking I was describing the slide moving slightly when staging the trigger (unloaded!). But it was the FCU moving in the module. There must have been a tiny out of spec aspect of that module. My P365XL does not move at all either.
When you say modules that the frame or is that the firing control unit

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
The plastic frame is called the "Grip Module".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plastic frame is called the "Grip Module".
So if I were to get another grip module you think it would fix it like yours and also if I just leave it the way it is do you think it will be fine?

·
Registered
747 Posts
So if I were to get another grip module you think it would fix it like yours and also if I just leave it the way it is do you think it will be fine?
My standard P365 grip has that movement. My new XL module also has it. It does not effect reliability. If it annoys you, you can try a new grip module but it's not guaranteed it won't also have that movement.

·
Come on man!!
14,872 Posts
I have the 365XL and 365 SAS and neither one have the movement you are describing. Both of mine are in their original modules.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,132 Posts
Can you shim the FCU and tighten the fir?

Regards, Happyguy:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Neither of my two XLs do that as far as I can tell.

Can you explain further how to check for that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neither of my two XLs do that as far as I can tell.

Can you explain further how to check for that?
Did you take your slide off and you just kind of grass for the the channel that you know that inside the friends you know the the rails if you could you like move that back and forth and maybe take your thumb on the butt of it you know where that of kind of like where the end of the Beaver tails and can you like Push It Forward a little bit and kind of pull it back a bit just curious if there's any slight movement

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
Empty Gun!

Rack the slide and just start to press the trigger rearward, you will feel a slight movement in the frame. Nothing big, but very subtle.

Reactions: DKFlax87

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Empty Gun!

Rack the slide and just start to press the trigger rearward, you will feel a slight movement in the frame. Nothing big, but very subtle.
Yes but I can also press my thump on the back of the flu right under the back of the slide base place and it moves forward a tad. You too?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hope I don't have to do this too often. OK,I emptied my gun. And I had a 15 round mag in there. :)

Sig Fever,I thought that is what DKFlax87 meant(somehow).
Go just past the trigger wall but don't dry fire it, release,repeat? I don't really feel/see anything moving.

Do the same with a G19;that's a LOT of movement side to side and vertically. You can see it bulge the frame about 2 inches from the beavertail. Normal.

Taking the slide off the XL and wiggling the FCU inside the grip module I get zero movement if that's what you mean,DKFlax87.

Just installed some PRO-textured Talon grips on my gun. More aggressive grip than the regular rubber ones but comfy for IWB. Like an integral, stick-on shooting glove.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I’ve seen it happen with some modular sigs including the p365. None have had reliability issue but it would bug me. I guess it’s one of the only downfalls of a modular frame? Cheap fix though if it bothers you enough.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
Hope I don't have to do this too often. OK,I emptied my gun. And I had a 15 round mag in there. :)

Sig Fever,I thought that is what DKFlax87 meant(somehow).
Go just past the trigger wall but don't dry fire it, release,repeat? I don't really feel/see anything moving.

Do the same with a G19;that's a LOT of movement side to side and vertically. You can see it bulge the frame about 2 inches from the beavertail. Normal.

Taking the slide off the XL and wiggling the FCU inside the grip module I get zero movement if that's what you mean,DKFlax87.

Just installed some PRO-textured Talon grips on my gun. More aggressive grip than the regular rubber ones but comfy for IWB. Like an integral, stick-on shooting glove.
Just go to the wall and there is a small sensation of movement. My FCU appeared tight also in the frame. New module, problem gone. And I tried reinstalling the FCU in the trouble module , but still the same.

Reactions: Para-bellum
1 - 19 of 19 Posts