Glock Talk banner

Sig 365 Hickock45

4198 Views 19 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  BuckyP
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Four for four on the distance gong... not bad for a little gun. Wish I had his range and shot like he does! He is entertaining to watch, and hit on the points we have been discussing. Trouble free so far, which is good to hear for the 365.

· Premium Member
5,917 Posts
See the other thread about Sig halting production.
I have seen it. The gunsmith at the store indicated SIG might need to make some changes to the barrel to ensure smooth fit, as he felt it was too tight regarding tolerances for a mass produced gun. Who knows?

Some seem good, others are showing peening or wear. Is it being out of tolerance (QC needs to do a better job, so they shut down to ensure fit/finish of incoming materials) or is it engineering (barrels need to be physically re-engineered/modified to ensure fit, and a manufacturing change order is being implemented)? We don't know.

Going into manufacturing reveals these things. G43 magazines immediately went into a manufacturing change to address friction/wear. I don't work in manufacturing quality control any more (those were my college days... long, long ago), but these things do get ironed out. As long as some are working fine, it is a fix that can be made, so I know it will be made (if SIG wants to sell them). I don't think we are looking at an R-51 situation.

Not good, but this is how things can happen as products go from limited production to full release. The little things bubble to the surface and need correcting. Buying the first of anything (a new model Glock, a new Ford, or a new software version on an iPhone) puts early adopters in the position of being the ones who find the bugs that then get sorted out.

Hopefully SIG fixes it fast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.