1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Four for four on the distance gong... not bad for a little gun. Wish I had his range and shot like he does! He is entertaining to watch, and hit on the points we have been discussing. Trouble free so far, which is good to hear for the 365.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
See the other thread about Sig halting production.
I have seen it. The gunsmith at the store indicated SIG might need to make some changes to the barrel to ensure smooth fit, as he felt it was too tight regarding tolerances for a mass produced gun. Who knows?

Some seem good, others are showing peening or wear. Is it being out of tolerance (QC needs to do a better job, so they shut down to ensure fit/finish of incoming materials) or is it engineering (barrels need to be physically re-engineered/modified to ensure fit, and a manufacturing change order is being implemented)? We don't know.

Going into manufacturing reveals these things. G43 magazines immediately went into a manufacturing change to address friction/wear. I don't work in manufacturing quality control any more (those were my college days... long, long ago), but these things do get ironed out. As long as some are working fine, it is a fix that can be made, so I know it will be made (if SIG wants to sell them). I don't think we are looking at an R-51 situation.

Not good, but this is how things can happen as products go from limited production to full release. The little things bubble to the surface and need correcting. Buying the first of anything (a new model Glock, a new Ford, or a new software version on an iPhone) puts early adopters in the position of being the ones who find the bugs that then get sorted out.

Hopefully SIG fixes it fast.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This P365 video was one of the more informative videos, among his later videos. Interestingly enough the gun ran fine for him.
It was exactly what I wanted. He compared the gun to several other competers, broke out the calipers and shot it a lot.

Reactions: n2g and powernoodle

·
Registered
189 Posts
Shot a indoor pistol matchs last night at a LGS. The only 365 they got in sold in 20 minutes. Current owner has sent it back to Sig for a issue with the night sights and some unknown trigger issue. Also LGS sales associate said she had heard there is a spring in the trigger that needs replaced every 2k rounds. She confirmed last night that production has been halted.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think it’s the recoil spring. 3” barrel semis have low tolerance for spring rate deviations, whether recoil or magazine. The lock timing and cartridge rise have a smaller window than longer barrel guns.
A lot of 3” guns have low spring life numbers.

This is why Glock basically stayed at the 3.4” length with the 43. Basically the same lock timing as the 26 which is duty gun reliable.

The 42 can be a tad shorter b/c if the shorter 380 cartridge, but it had still shown to be not quite duty gun reliable.

I would like sig to get it together on the 365. The action and FCU group would likely be very reliable in a larger type pistol.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
If I need a hideout 9 I'll just carry my Shield. With one in the pipe that's 9 shots, plenty good for anything in my neck-of-the-woods. If I'm going to a function with a lot of people I'll slip a spare mag into a pocket. If I need 10+ shots I'll just pick up a G26.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interestingly enough the gun ran fine for him.
Au contraire .He said it ran fine for him, but I noticed around 23:43 (give or take a couple seconds) that he thumped it into battery with his palm. To be clear, I'M NOT bashing the gun, just pointing out there does appear to be an issue. I'm super glad to hear Sig has halted production to address end user concerns. Kudos to them. I'm dying to lay eyes and hands on one. Unless I find some reason to dislike it, I'll probably buy one.

D Dave

·
" Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"
1,221 Posts
If I need a hideout 9 I'll just carry my Shield. With one in the pipe that's 9 shots, plenty good for anything in my neck-of-the-woods. If I'm going to a function with a lot of people I'll slip a spare mag into a pocket. If I need 10+ shots I'll just pick up a G26.
Yep I have to agree with you. My M&P Shield 2.0 is flawless.

·
Army Vet
768 Posts
Hmm, front to back width on the P365 grip is narrower than the G43; I'm not really sure I would like that. My hands are a bit big and the G43 "almost" feels too small, but it's still manageable.

I'm intrigued with Sig's 10-round magazine... :milestone:

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I think it’s the recoil spring. 3” barrel semis have low tolerance for spring rate deviations, whether recoil or magazine. The lock timing and cartridge rise have a smaller window than longer barrel guns.
A lot of 3” guns have low spring life numbers.

This is why Glock basically stayed at the 3.4” length with the 43. Basically the same lock timing as the 26 which is duty gun reliable.

The 42 can be a tad shorter b/c if the shorter 380 cartridge, but it had still shown to be not quite duty gun reliable.

I would like sig to get it together on the 365. The action and FCU group would likely be very reliable in a larger type pistol.
While I agree with your statement regarding likely recoil spring life in the shorter action guns, I don't agree with your generalization regarding the G42 and reliability.

I own a G42 that has been flawless since new. For certain, over 50% of the 5K+ rounds I have shot through it are running at 1200fps with a 90gr projectile. I still have the original recoil spring in it, managing substantially more free recoil with 100% confidence.

I think any meaningful reliability issues have been addressed with factory upgrades.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Worked great again today for 100 rounds of Magtech 115 gr. Again, quite accurate, if I can be any judge.
It does seem to bite some in my right palm where the mag (w/pinky extension) goes into the handle. I saw a video where someone complained of this. The rail didn't bother my left thumb this time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.