Sig 2340 - I should shoot it more often!

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by NitLion, Aug 16, 2015.

1. NitLion

NitLion

That's what I say every time I take this thing out! Actually I admit that the only reason I brought it to the range Saturday was to try out the "forty" barrel. I had bought a 40 S&W "drop-in" barrel that, after a couple of years of non-use, I discovered did not drop in. Finally got around to taking it to the gunsmith and he fitted it!
    I was at the auxiliary pistol range so that I could set things up the way I like.... when a car with NY plates pulled up and asked for a slice of the range. I was sorta surprised since the full size pistol range was completely vacant. I moved my stuff a little and even left a steel plate for the newcomers to shoot at. I tell that story as an excuse for my first five shot grouping at 15 yards with Trident Ammunition - 124g - JHP (RL) - I was a little outta my comfort zone!

[​IMG]

I settled in, and the combination of 2340 and Trident Ammunition started making me look good. Here is either two or three shots at the gong at 25 yards!

[​IMG]

I had a bowling pin out at about 42 yards and then two out at 50..... and I was making contact with them fairly consistently. The guy shooting next to me was shooting one handed and wanted to see how well I could do, so he put a 12oz soda out at 25 yards.... and said I could win a soda if I hit it one-handed. I don't often shoot one-handed but I won that soda on the first shot! And as Trident is JHP, it made a nice show! No failures of any kind with the Trident --- seriously, this is some good stuff! I have shot it through four different pistols now - All with fantastic results!
    Next load up was Vet-Made Ammunition - 124g - FMJ. Every round functioned flawlessly, but not with as much oomph or accuracy as the Trident. As my rate of making contact with steel dropped off, I shot at paper to see where things were going...
    [​IMG]

Not bad left and right but stringing vertically. Then I did a quick break-down and replaced the 357Sig barrel with the .40 S&W barrel. Again, I was impressed by LAX ammo - 180g - FMJ (RL) - plenty of oomph and accuracy - 50 rounds fired with no issues! At 15 yards:

[​IMG]

So my take-away from this range trip-
    1.) Trident ammo proves itself again to be some nice Fodder!
    2.) LAX is some wonderful stuff in .40!
    3.) Why don't I shoot this 2340 more often? 100% proper function and I enjoy it!

650 rounds total thru this pistol in 357 Sig representing 9 loads!
    50 rounds thru in 40S&W representing 1 load!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Ovid likes this.
  2. silversport

silversport

great range day and report...good to see the SP 2340 make the appearance in both calibers.

Bill

NitLion likes this.

3. Gfive45

Gfive45

Bump for more!

NitLion likes this.
  4. NitLion

NitLion