close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sig 226 x5 tactical

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by nickod, Apr 28, 2011.

1. nickod

nickod sammyb

Im looking into buying a sig x5 tactical. i know it is a relatively new gun and doesn't have much in the way of a track record. i was wondering if any one who has any experience with an x5 tactical would consider it reliable and durable enough for "tactical" applications. it will most likely end up as a designated nightstand gun.

2. Snak3

Snak3

I've heard great things about the regular X5's, so I wouldn't imagine the tactical to be much different.

An X5 as a nightstand gun? Sounds like a lot of money for a nightstand gun. :supergrin: They're mainly used for competition.

Why not a P229 or P226? You'd save yourself a lot of money and you wouldn't gain many benefits if being used as a home defense weapon.

My P229 fulfills nightstand gun as one of it's roles: Night sights, tac light, 15 round mags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

3. nickod

nickod sammyb

pretty gun.no, the x5 tactical is only a couple hundred dollars more than 226 elites ( i like beaver tails) it clocks in at 1300 if you shop around. it would see a ton of range time, i just wanted to know if it could be trusted to save a life as well. like i said its not like the x5 tactical has a track record. i don't see any military or leo using one, and why should they? its just not practical given other options. i just wanted to know if it could do everything the standard 226's can do.....you know, that "to hell and back" sig reliability.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  4. bac1023

bac1023

It can do everything the P226 can do and then some.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet