close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Siderlock Trigger?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rossmatt, Mar 11, 2010.

1. rossmatt

rossmatt

Have you guys seen these? What are your thoughts? I think it seems like a perfect addition... I know the purists are going to hate it, but I think it would really be a great addition to the G19 I plan on getting very soon.

2. jmb79

jmb79

Are you trying to stir up trouble? Seriously, the siderlock has been discussed to death here on GT. Just run a search and you will find all the information you could ever want regarding it.

3. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

i dont know why the glock koolaid drinkers have such a fit about it,people have been using crossbolt safetys for years,if i were going to carry my g23 clipdraw(wich is very comfy by the way)i would have one:tongueout:

4. migm

migm

I have one on my glock 26 -- it was tricky to install because of having to align the trigger with the trigger bar. As to usefulness.. well I like it.

It feels the exact same as the factory trigger (except the middle surface is smooth). So if i want it off, I just push it off and dont worry about it (it stays pushed to whichever side).

Taking the gun off safe does require putting your finger on the side of the trigger (which was debated ad nauseum here as being unsafe, and there is probably some truth to this) but its in a side to side motion and I've never even come close to pulling the trigger. One thing I've noticed is that when I take the safety off, I am unable to keep the sight picture because pushing the trigger torques the gun.

Things to keep in mind

5. vmann

vmann Controller

why would you put something on your trigger that no other major firearms company puts on their triggers....

as for the koolaid drinkers, i cant imagine anyone wanting to use a clipdraw on their glock either...but to each his own i guess...

6. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Name ONE manufacturer, since 1900, who has designed a firearm with a cross-bolt safety ON THE TRIGGER.

Your best bet is to purchase a firearm already designed with a safety - and there are many excellent (non-Glock) models to chose from which meet this requirement.

If you MUST have a Glock, and it MUST have a safety, this one is a better bet:

http://www.tarnhelm.com/GlockSafety.html

7. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Besides painting your Glock red, I can't think of a worse idea.

8. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

thats why i dont carry a clipdraw ,comfortable as it is the mtac sparten is awsome plus i dont believe in safetys on ccw,could cost too much time,not having a safety also keeps you aware of your state of gun,one in the pipe or one not in the pipe.a safety might get me too use to one state or another and get complasent(sp)want to be always afraid- aware of your ccw,no nd's-or ad's,but i wouldnt talk bad about somone who has one installed on their gun, as far the koolaid drinkers most members here are down to earth,i came here from an m&p40c i like the simplicity of the glock didnt like the batmobile lines of the s&w,still a good gun,i was called every name in the book,troll ect,guys i love my glock plan on getting a couple more,but some people on here worship them,hey they are only tools,find somthing higher to worship imo:wavey:

9. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Keep your finger out of the trigger guard untill you are ready to shoot. Are you going to wait untill its time to shoot to click off the safety?

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Honestly, do you have any firearms training? If so, think for a minute about whether, when you draw your gun, a safety that requires you to put your finger inside the trigger guard and push on the side of the trigger is really a good idea? Maybe the koolaid drinkers know a little more about guns and shooting than that.

If you were just joking, by mentioning the clipdraw and siderlock in the same post, I missed the sarcasm, so never mind.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

thats what the grooves are for on the side to keep your finger out,i tell everyone hey if you had a safety would you go around pulling the trigger because you have one,not a good habit to get into.:upeyes:

13. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

believe it or not there are alot of cops and a few instructors that use them on here use the search function,dont think they were joking,and most of them were using the thing you push out and have to look around on the floor for afterwards,too much garbage for me:wavey:

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

While cops and police instructors are not the best source (I am/have been both) I'm hesitant to believe that any who actually have training and do it for a living like the siderlock. I've never met one in real life who wanted a safety, or used one when issued a DA safety-equipped gun but the siderlock is MUCH worse than just using a safety. But this is a long way from real life and there are a lot of questionable cops/Navy Seals/Rangers/etc. on Glocktalk.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  15. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

What grooves are you talking about?

16. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

I have them on all 4 of my Glocks. It's your gun and your choice on how to modify it. I use a Smart Carry often and I would not carry a Glock in it without a Siderlock. I don't carry my Walther PPS in it either, but I do carry my Taurus 709.

My guess is that the naysayers have never installed or shot a Glock with one installed. Most of us are opinionated. That's why I would never own an Olive Drab gun. I think they're stupid looking.

Buy one. If you don't like it, you can always revert to stock.

17. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

+1:dunno:

18. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

the dished out places on each side on top of the grip.:wavey:

19. gvf

gvf

Safeties on Glocks kind of defeat the purpose of the gun which is an immediately ready-to-fire combat pistol, but that aside, I wouldn't want a safety on my trigger. It's asking for screw-ups in an adrenaline-flooded, life- on-the-line emergency. Kind of like having your break pedal underneath your gas pedal. (or-"Welcome to Toyota Sales")

20. Strahley

Strahley

No thanks. I'll spend the money on ammo and continue to handle my guns safe