close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sick of Glocks and hollow points looking bad on TV

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 21Carrier, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

I just watched a show about the lunatic that killed 77 people in Oslo, Norway. Of course, he had to be carrying a Glock 17, and of course, the narrator had to make it a point. He also had a Ruger Mini-14 that looked like he was ready to graduate from mall ninja school. The thing that pissed me off the worse was that the narrator said he had hollow point rounds, and made it seem that they were illegal. He didn't say they were illegal, but implied they were by making it sound like the guy had to go to his friendly local black-market arms dealer to get them. They referenced the hollow points several times, and always made sure to make them sound very nefarious. Could someone PLEASE explain to the general media that hollow points are actually SAFER to bystanders and innocents. They are only more deadly to the target.

Why do all nutcases have to use Glocks? They get such a bad reputation with the general public. When one of my girlfriend's friends found out I had a pistol she didn't react much, but when she found out it was a GLOCK, OH NO! You would have thought I had said I carry a custom Osama Bin Laden limited edition anti-Christian pocket thermonuclear warhead. It's ridiculous. This is my formal request: please, all of you murderous nuts, if you want to go on a shooting spree, PLEASE get a Sig or something. Or, better yet, buy a Hi-Point! Those are SWEEEEEEEEEET!

2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Cause used Glocks are cheap and easy to get a hold of?

As far as the media goes its a joke most of them wouldn't know there butt from a hole in the ground now days. Its not about reporting news or being accurate its about populate and ratings. Thats why most nights I skip the news its just dumb and over dramatized.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

3. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

What he said.^ The sad thing is people believe the flith that is spewed from the mouth of the media.

4. blackbmw

blackbmw

The glock is the toyota corolla of the world, tough as hell, gets the job done and reliable as all haities. They are also the pit bulls of the news, Even if the shooter had a beretta 92fs, It will be labeled as a glock, cause that it what the general society visualizes when they hear "handgun" used. i actually heard that he had a full auto M-16 until i saw a picture of a ruger ranch rifle with some dumbass add ons. The media will generalize all guns into one group, which is usually "assault full auto" type, no matter what it is, to satisfy some little liberal sissy momma fed fragile punk editor.
    As far as hollow point ammo, If they are implicated in the news, they are mishandled beyond reality. "That shooter used the ultra destructive plutonium tipped nuclear enriched radioactive heat seeking ammo"......Which in reality was WWB or some prvi partisan cheap target loads. Whatever, If you choose to believe that all americans can possess this type of ammo then you are a ******.....OR please believe this, try to invade foriegn country.....cause all us missouri hillrunners has a surplus of ammo that will cause your grandsons testicles to be flacid and shriveled.......according to MSNBC and other channels.

5. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

That is precisely what kills me. People believe what these morons say. They think all people who own Glocks or "evil black rifles" are just waiting to snap and kill, and they believe all Toyotas are just waiting to go kamikaze and murder their operators. It's just depressing to live in a society where so many people are complete and utter sheep and lack the ability to think for themselves.

6. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

[​IMG]

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

You hit it right on the head. I try not to pay too much attention to the news anymore either. It's not worth it. We aren't missing much. It's not like we would get the facts, the whole story, let alone the things that they really don't want to report. Like the TRUTH!

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The sad part about this is that your not to far from the truth.

9. brob2425

brob2425

To play devil's advocate, those bystanders and innocents WERE the targets. Would having used FMJs maybe sparred a few lives? Who knows.

But yeah, I see what you're saying.

10. stang68

stang68

:rofl: lol a custom Osama Bin Laden limited edition anti-Christian pocket thermonuclear warhead. I read this wile sitting board at work. That made that mad my day.

11. zhix

zhix

Nutcases only use 'glocks' with 'high-capacity ammunition clips' and 'high-powered semi-automatic assault weapons'

12. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

A Sig would have been twice the price of a Glock, heavier to carry, and might have jammed resulting in less people hurt. This pretty boy knew the stuff.

In our country, lawyers would dress him up, looking no different than Sir Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin Atlantic.

I think he also knows about a max sentence of 24 yrs and he'll be free. Bad advertisement for his country.

Aside from the unfortunate human carnage, the media was trying to advertise for Glock. That's what it appears to do.

13. hddave

hddave i want more!

You hit it on the head!

14. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

What we need to do is ban glock , especially the ones with barrel shrouds. :crying::crying::crying:

15. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

A hair cut,nice shirt and some new shoes ought to do the trick

16. Frank V

Frank V

21Carrier

What we have here is a media that almost always protrays firearms & especially handguns in a negative way. They have an agenda, along with the liberal, want to control every aspect of our lives, leaders of our Country. The agenda is a thinly discuised plan to disarm us. They have been at it for years. Almost no media shows firearms in a neutral or positive light. They lie, misinform, & lead down a liberal path at will with no consequenses to their actions.
    I think it's that simple, they want our guns!:steamed:
    Frank

17. B_Real45

B_Real45

I dont watch the news either because of their inaccuracies and propoganda.

Not to start a debate here, but I wouldn't label all anti gun people as "liberals". Although a good portion may be, I know quite a few conservatives who hate guns. People who hate guns are just misinformed and fear what they really dont know.

Edit: <--- 69th post! Woohooo

Ok sorry for the immaturity

18. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Damn! Hahahahaha. Whoever made that chart sure made the journalists' and reporters' jobs much easier.

19. Hubadub

Hubadub

21Carrier,I hear you and I understand your frustration.Sadly,the mainstream media has no intention of factual reporting of events.They will continue to tell their lies and misinform the public as they have done for many years because the truth isn`t part of their agenda.Making a story up so it makes them appear to be right is all they are interested in.Truth gets tossed on the cutting room floor.

20. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Without a doubt...the AK of the pistol world. Cheap, ubiquitous and reliable.

Oh, please. :rofl: I have seen far more Glocks with malfunction issues than Sigs...partly because there are more Glocks out there than Sigs anymore...