close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sick of erratic ejection threads?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marred, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Marred

Marred

How about the failure to feed the last round in a magazine with hollow points? I see that this is an old problem that hasn't been addressed by Glock, probably because he's busy shooting people with water guns. :dunno:

But seriously, 147 gr. and 124 gr. get rammed straight into the feed ramp and catch the bottom edge last round only about 80% of the time. G19 Gen 3 with 2183 follower 10 round brand new mags and both do the same thing. Has anyone had this problem and how has it been fixed? What follower is a suitable replacement to fix this because I assume it's a magazine problem? It feeds Corbon 115 gr. HP ok but nothing bigger.

2. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

This is old, old stuff. I got this problem several years ago with all my post-ban 10 rds mag. What you got is a post-ban G19 mag with a old mag follower (2183). All you have to do is to replace with a magazine follower called the "9mm 3". It is actually stamped as "9mm3" on top of the mag follower so you can tell.

Your problem is fixed.

Now, let's get back to the ejection threads, shall we?:whistling:

3. Marred

Marred

If this is old news then why is Glock still shipping their guns with these defective parts? My Glock was test fired in March 2012. That is exactly what I'm trying to get at. What is Glock doing? They have no interest in fixing their problems. I would love it if these were old, old problems but I just bought this gun. 336 ejector,dipped extractor and 2183 follower, do they not want to waste their inventory and are waiting 'til they exhaust their supply?:tequila: I don't get it. :crying:

BTW, 30274 ejector and non-dipped Glock extractor fixed my erratic ejection problems.

4. Marred

Marred

I had to respond to myself because I've been around this forum trying to find a solution for my Glock and you guys have been a great help, but in doing so I realized I've come off sounding like a Glock hater. This is not the case. I owe all you guys and gals who own Glocks and love them an apology. Let me set the record straight, I really do love my Glock and it is a great shooting gun. There are some problems but nothing that can't be fixed. Glock customer service has stepped up and delivered politely and met my every expectation. They paid shipping and got it back to me in 9 days, what more could you want. I still have my issues but I should of presented them in an unbiased polite way, after all, I've come here to your Forum for help. I hate it when people talk bad about something I like and it should be no different for me. I was wrong in that.

5. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Then dump the Glock, get a HK, and don't read them anymore.

Problem solved.

You can thank me later.

:wavey:

6. AquaHull

AquaHull

I have a couple of those followers on my range mags.When I run HP's in them, I simply put a FMJ in for the last round, or practice malfunction clearing. :wavey:

7. PAGunner

PAGunner

This is a magazine issue (weak springs, bad follower), and not a widespread one at that. Buy new mags or rebuild kits for the mags.

8. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

but you have to pay more for a prettier gun. :supergrin: I'll own an HK one of these days too.

9. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Well,

I have and old Gen2 G20 10mm with +7,500rds, and old Gen2 G21 with over 10,000rds ( no longer own ), a Gen3 G35 with +10,000rds, and a Gen3 G23 with +20,000rds and have never had a hiccup of any kind so I'm clueless to all the FTF, FTE, FTRTB, last round not chambering, slide not locking back, etc.

The only issue I've had was operator error because I was"thumbing" the extended slide stop/catch/release/etc. and when I replaced it with a non-extended OEM part the problem went away.

Spyder

10. ca survivor

ca survivor

this ^^^^^^

11. Marred

Marred

I would love a HK and am currently in the saving stage of my next gun purchase. I hope by Christmas.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

If you want a "Glock like" gun that works.... M&P. Crappy trigger and all. Like the Glock trigger is so fantastic anyway.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  13. PAGunner

PAGunner

Rumor has it, M&Ps with the new improved triggers are alread shelves of many gun shops.

And I do actually admire the Glock trigger, to me it's one of the shames of this stupid erratic ejection problem. I like the platform, just don't like the business decision to cut corners on an already cheap to produce firearm.

14. judgecrater

judgecrater

The only time I had this problem was when I had loaded some short OAL hp. I lengthened the round and it was ok. Are these reloads or factory ammo?

15. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

Keeping all six Glocks....have added four HKs.

16. Marred

Marred

I have the most trouble with Winchester 147 gr. PDX1 and Hornady Custom 124 gr. XTP factory loads. Funny thing though, it fed Winchester Ranger 147 gr. Bonded and T-Series with no problem. It had no issues with Corbon 115 gr. +P HP.

The trigger is the main reason I fell in love with the Glocks, it's also the reason I won't sell it. I shoot really well with the Glock and love to shoot it. The G19 is the perfect size gun IMHO. I've never shot an M&P but did like the thinner grip on it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. TactiCool

TactiCool

My instructor almost got killed in Iraq because his HK suffered a catastrophic failure. :crying:

Thankfully though, he had a spare Glock to back him up.:supergrin:

18. kbrdann

kbrdann

I have a Gen4 G19 and about 500 rounds threw it and ejection problems. Love it and wear it every day when home on vacation.

19. PAGunner

PAGunner

Let me get this straight, your instructor was in the sandbox, presumably in combat and he not only used, but had not one, but 2 handguns, both of which are completely different platforms that he relied upon rather than a long gun????

First name Paul? Last name Blart? That's some mall ninja stuff right there, just sayin.... Either that or it's a made up story...