Siberian Husky & Invisible Fence????

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Nicky D, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

My wife and I are looking to buy a new home. The problem is that most of the homes do not have a fence because of the nature & wildlife. We are looking at buying a home with 12 acres, not all of which is for the dog, just for us and the kids. I know that a 6ft fence is ideal for a Husky but as you can imagine it is expensive to move into a new house and then go to have a good fence installed. I have read many things on the net giving mixed info about the results. I know that she will need a lot of training to get to know the boundaries. Eventually we would like to get a fence but even then we would prefer a lower fence than what we have now because of the environment.

So I was wondering if anyone on here is a fellow Husky owner with an invisible fence or knows someone with one and how good they are. Thanks.

2. ganymede

ganymede

Hello,
    I don't have a husky but I have two samoyeds. We tried an invisible fence last summer when we first moved into our house but it didn't seem to work. I have a feeling it had something to do with the vast amounts of fur my dogs have. We eventually ended up putting up a fence to keep them in