Shut the door!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Upgrayedd, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

Mom is that you?

jimcorbin and Upgrayedd like this.
  2. NoStress

NoStress

3. ron b

ron b

I shout at the clouds, darn clouds.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  4. sarge83

sarge83

I constantly telling my family members, shut the door I am not heating/cooling the entire outdoors. Next turn those lights off you are not using. With every one of these I hear my Dad saying them to me and my brothers and sister. If I find a dime, penny, any coinage on the ground I am picking it up and wiping it off to use or save. I make them save the Kroger plastic bags for garbage bags in small cans as I say why would I pay for trash bags twice! I guess the insurance commercials are right you become your parents...

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

We're in Arizona....WHAT clouds? ;)

Upgrayedd likes this.
  6. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

My wife is one of those who likes the whole floor lit up at night. The room she's in, the room she'll go back to, and the room she might go to next. And not one light, all the lights in each.

That said, she will turn them all off to sleep. And when she is not using a room.

My son turns on whatever light he needs, but never turns it off after. Ever. And while he will close the door, he never thinks to lock it, when he leaves or when he comes in. "Who's gonna come in?" Never lived in a city. He just has no idea.

orangejeep06 and Upgrayedd like this.
  7. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

"We no longer invite her to visit."

It's fixed, now. Easier than going on Dr. Phil.

You can thank me later.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  8. NJ1911

NJ1911

My wife and kids are always "freezing". Every time they complain, I walk to the kitchen and close the storm door, which is usually open a half inch, and the kitchen door which is also usually open an inch. The storm door you do have to pull closed (old hinges) but why not at least just close the kitchen door.

orangejeep06 and Upgrayedd like this.
  9. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

Some folks were just born in a barn it seems...

Wyoming and faceplant like this.
  10. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

Vestibules in restaurants should be mandatory.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  11. glock_collector

glock_collector

Employees hated to go anywhere with me in the winter, I always have the truck window open a couple of inches, no matter the temp....fresh air does a body good.

BigBluefish, Tvov and Doc Holliday like this.
  12. ron b

ron b

Yesterday when I was shooting at Tuesday Night Steel my friend commented, “we only have six days without sunshine and we biased about those.”

Doc Holliday likes this.
  13. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

Just means someone farted and fresh air is a critical necessity.

14. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I left home and have been living on my own since I was 17 YO. No one had to teach me to keep the doors closed summer or winter or to turn off lights when the room was unoccupied, because I paid the bills!

One more factor is important about keeping the doors closed. Texas has Skeeters and if you invite them inside your house, they'll stay hidden and feast on you during the night! Our Texas County has a very effective Skeeter spraying program, but the spraying is done only during peak months.

We had some wonderfully warm days, last week, so I spent time wearing shorts outside with Jake in our big "Out Front" yard. Those blood sucking bxstards, got me three times in the arms and legs and I have dime sized bruises to prove it. I got trashed in JANUARY when it was least expected!

So.... keep your Texas doors closed, or you'll become a Skeeter Golden Corral!

Flash

15. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

"Boy!!!!!!!! SHUT the dad-burned door!!!!!!! You're lettin' in cold air, and I'm not tryin' to heat the outside!!!!!!!"

16. Tvov

Tvov

Yep, grew up with "shut the door!" "shut the window!" and "don't touch the thermostat, put a sweater on if you are cold!". NO heat on in bedrooms!! That is what down comforters are for! Use two if you need to.

Actually, I sleep better with the bedroom window opened a bit for the fresh air.

Refrig - I finally taught my kids -- "You know about where everything is in the frig... before opening it, think of what you want, and where it is. Open the frig, get want you want, and close it".

Oh, also with shut the door... make sure it is fully closed. I always told the kids to push on it - with the weather stripping, sometimes it wouldn't close completely without a push in the winter.

17. drumgod

drumgod

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I had just come in from yelling at the kids to get off my lawn and was still barefoot from my walk to work... :rolleyes::D

18. shoeguns

shoeguns Shooting Star

unfortunately, stupid has no cure.

19. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker 1911

Wait. The proper procedure for running a wood stove isn't to make the house unbearably hot until you open a window? No wonder my ex-wife doubted my thermal-management skills...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

FullClip likes this.