close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shreveport 2003 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 25, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

OK folks,

Hope to hear how well you shot at the match and expect to hear some personal best scores.:)

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I will be leaving within the hour. I hope the weather holds true to the forecast. :) I also hope the drive is not more than 9 hours. I will shoot tomorrow, hopefully in the company of the Clemmons family. I can use some good pointers. LOL. See you all there. MLM
    Go Team Sidearmor!!!!

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The weather held out and it was a Great day of shooting! The Shoot Out range RO's(headed by Jerry & Kaye Miculick) where VERY friendly and helpful! Thanks Folks! I didn't shoot as well as I should have but I had a great time anyway! The highlight was allowing Jerry Miculick to shoot my G17L in the Unlimited/Master class!!;f ;f Jerry said that the plastic was effecting his brain and wasn't sure how he would shoot! WELLLLLLLLLLL the plastic must have been a POSITIVE effect;Q He was SMOKING with the G17L!;f
    A great time was had by all!
    Dan:cool:

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

~1 ~1 ~1 ~1

Well first I would like to say thank you to the Clark Range for a second great match. The RO's did a fine job this year. Thank you. The GSSF staff had everything running smooth as is the norm from the checkin to the scoreing. Great job folks. The weather held until we finished then the rain did set in. (I hope it clears up for Sunday's shooting.) ;N Time will tell.

I shot one of my worst in 5 matches and the smilies above shows what Coach is going to say to me. I only hope that I can use this match as a warm up for Lexington. See every one at Lexington. Good luck to all.

Pharaoh:cool:

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Danny, It's Saturday night and I'm bummed out.

I was planning to drive to Shreveport on Sunday and shoot in the morning, but that won't happen. I'll be spending the day dealing with my daughter's '86 Cavalier which wouldn't get her home from work tonight.

I faxed the question to the GSSF number, but I'll ask, Is my payment wasted? Can it be credited back to the credit card? Can it be applied to the San Antonio match in December?

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Taken from the Glock Report.

Telephoned registration requests, either direct or by "voicemail" message will not be accepted at any time. If you are not absolutely sure you will be able to attend a particular match more than a week before the match, go ahead and pre-register anyway. If circumstances will not permit you to attend that particular match, GSSF will hold your match fee and will apply it to any future GSSF match you are subsequently able to attend.

Sorry you had to miss the match.

7. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Well, I'm gonna take my chances and head on out to Shreveport. The weather doesn't look too bad, so I'm gonna ride the Harley.
    See you there,
    Mike in Dallas

8. srt205

srt205 LEO Member

It was my first GSSF match and it was so much fun. I didn't shoot as well as I wanted to (damn those 8" plates) but I met some nice people and can't wait until next time.

We had a rain delay for a little while but did get to continue.

It would be nice to have a range like that in North Texas.

srt205

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well another great match. A very special Thanks to all the folks at Shootout Range for the great job they did hosting a wonderful match.
    You have a great facility and it is only surpased by your wonderful Hospitality. I will definately plan to make thgis match again next year.

Weather held out for us to shoot Saturday. The rain came in late in the afternoon so some were not as lucky. I feel satisfied with my scores at this point, nothing really spectacular but coming along nicely. I did have a personal best in U/L Masters with a 79.83. I know that is not true master class shooting but it is my personal best SOOOOOOOOOOOO far and I intend to do even better.

I had a great weekend with many wonderful friends, can't have a much better "Birthday" than that.

Now to get ready for Lexington and even better scores. ;c ;c ;c

10. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

While the ROs were doing the best they could, the GSSF staff needs to be a little more involved. Saw some serious sheet suffling at the Glock M, and after waiting 5 hours to shoot, we were sent home due to rain.

Now, I understand we can't control the rain, but it should not take 6 hours and two days to shoot 3 stages.

Nice to see everyone again, though. (Except Donna ;) - I'm gonna have to make it to a match she can't, or *gasp* practice ;P )

Laura

11. Clem

Clem

Got back home late last night (this morning) from Shreveport. Had a GREAT time, at dinner Sat. and at the range, with all of our old friends (too many to list - you KNOW who you are!!) and even made a few new ones. The ROs, match directors and staff really had their stuff together - one of the quickest and best run matches Donna & I have attended. Thanks to all involved. Kay & Jerry - thank you very much for hosting again! If it was not apparent, we had a GREAT time!! Some of our shots had minds of their own & didn't behave as planned, but it didn't stop us from enjoying visits with dear friends. Unofficial results are as follows:

Donna: AmCiv - 104.88 / Sub - 149.23 / MajorSub - 99.17 /
    Unlimited - 86.87
    Tony: Stockmeister - 80.51 ;g / Unlimited - 42.00 (clean) :)

BTW, BikerGoddess: Donna says "Hi" ;) See you in San Antone in Dec?

Tony & Donna / Team Sidearmor

12. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Another Great Match

Congratulations, "Texas Rapid Fire Tony" and his lovely wife, "Double Tap Donna" for some great shooting. "How about that clean 42.00 in U/L Tony? WOW

The match was another fine example of Glock's dedication to its competitors and friends: providing an organized, safe and challenging event. Scott and his team, Jackie and John, provided their usual smiles, handshakes and support. Thanks, team!!!

We all appreciated the efforts and hard work that Jerry and Kaye Miculek provided all of the shooters to make sure that the matches were ran professionally. Thanks, Jerry and Kaye!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. The dinner Saturday night was fun, getting the opportunity to visit with all our friends and to toast "Don at PC" on his birthday.

Until the next one,

13. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I think Dan said it best

Stock Box Tony!;e Along with his lovely wife Double tap Donna

Pete

14. srt205

srt205 LEO Member

When do they post the results from the match?

srt205

15. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The preliminary results should be posted on www.gssfonline.com either tomorrow or Thursday.
    ;c ;c ;c