close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Show that you are contacting your Reps

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cavalry Doc, Jan 10, 2013.

1. NickC50310

NickC50310

I posted the letter i wrote a couple weeks ago. Not a single one i sent it to replied. I will post it in here later tonight and also send it again with some others added.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

If you're posting your letters to congress.org "Letters to Leaders", try to find the letters you posted. I found one link to one Dem's page where the letters are listed, but the links are all broken (on purpose???). Anyway, you can see from the titles that even in her Massachusetts district that many of her letters oppose a gun ban. If anyone wants to spend time and find a way to search other congressmen's pages or even view the letters, that would be great!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg//bio/letterslist/?id=61697

3. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm getting responses, mostly canned ones, but the messages are being counted.

5. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Same.
    Glad Kay Bailey is gone ... didn't much like her bleeding heart responses ... :frown:

6. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Mine still haven't responded to me so I'm guessing you probably don't want to use my letter as a template.

7. Cavalry Doc

I doubt that many are read, but they are all being categorized and counted. I have a legislative trip planned in February, gonna go to Washington and see if I can make some appointments to talk to some staffers. Last time, got to see my Congressman in person.

They pay attention to numbers.

8. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 Medium speed, some drag.

I still haven't got any responses to mine.

Dear xxx

In the aftermath of the horrific Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, I want to make it abundantly clear that America’s gun owners expect that you will respect and defend their Second Amendment freedoms in spite of the hysteria surrounding this issue. Any attempts to pass new Federal gun control legislation will be remembered none too fondly on election day. I have decided that I am now a one-issue voter. I do this because I’m a law-abiding citizen who is tired of having his rights stripped away by those who are ignorant on the subject. Those that take the time to study the issue of "gun control" know that when the right to self-defense is restricted from lawful citizens, crime increases in those areas. Criminals do not obey the law. If they did, they would not be criminals.

I want to be perfectly clear here. Elected officials and political candidates who support ANY form of restrictive gun control WILL LOSE MY VOTE. Please do your part to cast out the flawed concept of "gun control.” You must understand that we will no longer tolerate the infringement of that which "shall not be infringed."

For the sake of perspective, I will point out that the 1994 Federal "Assault Weapons" ban was originally passed in a Democrat-controlled Congress by a very slim margin and by a slightly larger margin in the Senate.

The result; In the 1994 national elections, three months after passage, the Democrats lost nine seats in the Senate and 54 seats in the House. There is no denying that gun control, specifically the "Assault Weapons" ban, was a very large part of why the Democrats lost the House for the first time in 50 years. Former President Bill Clinton once even estimated that voting for the ban cost 20+ Democrat Representatives their seats.

Please understand that our frustration stems from years of incremental erosion to our constitutionally acknowledged personal freedoms. Any attempts to further weaken our right to keep and bear arms will be viewed as a rejection of our nation’s founding principles, and as a betrayal of the millions of American gun owners who work, raise families, pay taxes, and most importantly, vote.

Thank you for your time, and I would greatly appreciate a reply in order to learn your position on this very important issue.

9. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

OK I did it! I used the Congress.org link. This is what I sent. Short but sweet.

"No new firearm laws that infringe on the lawful. It should be obvious that posted "gun free zones" do not work as intended. Though I don't like the idea of licensing a right, a concealed weapons license should be valid for anyone, anywhere such as a teacher in a school. Please don't waste my tax money on buybacks and/or other ideas that fit the "must do something" mantra. Not only am I a registered voter, I do vote."

Will post their response.

10. NickC50310

NickC50310

I only got two responses and they were just canned thank yous that came through that night.

11. NickC50310

NickC50310

Thats a good one. About to use that for my next round of emails.

12. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

This the second response I have received in about 2 months of sending e-mails and making phone calls. Oddly enough, both responses were from Kay Hagan. Nothing from Richard Burr or David Price. Price is no longer my rep as of about a week or two ago. They're afraid to choose a side as you can clearly see from Hagan's response below.

13. PVolk

PVolk

E-mail just sent to:

Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) NRA rating unknown
    Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) NRA rating: F
    Representative Fred Upton (R-MI 6th) NRA rating: A

14. Cavalry Doc

Go ahead and share what you sent, it may help someone else that is trying to figure out how to say it.

The first draft is always the hardest. We can help each other in this way.

15. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

In the interest of helping out, here is what I sent through congress.org. The only response I've gotten so far is an automatic thank you from Mary Landrieu D-La.

16. Cavalry Doc

Much thanks. It's a mentoring process.

17. NickC50310

NickC50310

Thanks Woofie! Thats a good one too. I just sent 3 of my state congressman and our two senators the one I quoted above. I will be using yours next time.

18. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Constructive criticism for the next draft is appreciated.

19. PVolk

PVolk

I didn't have the time to come up with my own text today at work, so I borrowed the text from post #18.

I like Woofie's text. I'll probbly borrow it for next week's email. :)

20. xtreme99

xtreme99 What's a Glock?

Message sent to the following recipients:
    Representative Sinema (D)
    Senator McCain (R)
    President (D)

I copied one of the letters here. I will write my own later on and send that soon.