close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Show that you are contacting your Reps

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cavalry Doc, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

February 18, 2013

Dear Mr. rolltide_pisco,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.
    In the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., there has been substantial debate about gun control. I hope we can learn more about what warning signs were missed and how we can better prevent tragedies like this from occurring in the future. However, I do not believe we should rush to enact reactionary legislation curtailing anyone's rights. No amount of gun control will be able to prevent mentally disturbed individuals from committing despicable acts of violence. High-risk individuals will still be able to acquire firearms and other lethal weapons, even with an increase in prevention.
    In order to combat calls for overly restrictive executive actions on gun control, I introduced the Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act of 2013 (S. 82). My bill states that any executive action taken by the President that impedes upon the legislative authority granted to Congress in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution does not have the force of law. It would prohibit the use of funds for enforcement of any such executive action. Finally, it would establish that Members of Congress have standing to legally challenge any executive action that violates Article I, Section 8, or the Second Amendment to the Constitution. It would also clarify that any individual, whose liberty or property rights are adversely affected, or any state or local government official whose authority is infringed upon by an executive action may challenge its validity in court.
    S. 82 has been placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar, and awaits further action. Please be assured I will oppose any legislation or executive action that unduly infringes upon our constitutional rights, and that I will continue fighting to defend the proper role of government, as outlined by the Constitution.
    Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Rand Paul, MD
    United States Senator

2. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I just sent 2 emails; one to Sen. Maria Cantwell, and the other to Sen. Patty Murray. Both are Democrats, so I'm not expecting much. I'll post the replies here when I get them.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

If only more Dems thought this way, I'd probably be one, instead of a Moderate Republican.

4. NickC50310

NickC50310

Just got this from my Republican governor. Im not convinced he is on our side.

Thank you for contacting the Office of Governor Terry E. Branstad about gun laws in Iowa. As an avid outdoorsman and gun owner, Governor Branstad has consistently recognized the rights of citizens identified in the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will continue to do so.

Governor Branstad is committed to ensuring Iowa remains one of the safest states in the nation and understands that any proposed legislation that relates to this important issue must be evaluated carefully.

Governor Branstad will continue to work with law enforcement officials on safety issues, and will closely monitor any legislation that impacts the 2nd Amendment rights of the United States Constitution.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Drjones

Drjones

Been using that tool/page from Ruger & S&W about once or twice a day.

I've only gotten responses from one politicians office. Do you guys think those tools work or do the messages they send somehow get filtered out by these elected morons offices?

6. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Just got this reply from an email I sent yesterday. As you can tell, she doesn't care very much. Either that, or she just didn't have the time to send me a form letter yet.

I'm going to use the Ruger form letter, along with a short explanation of my own, to send to our Governor. He's a strong Democrat, so again...not expecting much.

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm still dropping short notes to all of my reps daily.

I am supporting the firearms and ammunition industry's ban on selling anything not ownable by normal citizens to any government employee and organization in states that restrict second amendment rights. Please take time to write these guys too, and ask that they cancel all purchase orders from these states from government employees (including LEO) that have restrictive laws.

publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com

qa@smith-wesson.com

http://us.glock.com/customer-service/contact-us

http://www.federalpremium.com/company/contact_us.aspx

http://www.hornady.com/contact_us

http://www.winchester.com/Pages/Home.aspx

http://www.remington.com/en/pages/our-company/our-company/company-info.aspx

https://www.dpmsinc.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=8

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=5

8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Just emailed this to Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington:

9. frank4570

frank4570

My reps are actually sending me hardcopy responses. They must be getting tired of hearing from me.

10. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Just sent another short but sweet one to Congressman Yarmuth, Senator Paul and Senator McConnell using Congress.org:

"Please vote against any type of "universal" background check, so-called
    assault weapons ban, any type of firearm magazine restrictions and any
    other legislation that infringes on the right to keep and bear arms."

I'll post any replies! Keep it up!

:bump:

11. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

I can say at least he conveys he is interested in my opinion and to be sure I will continue to give it to him.

Congressman Yarmuth responds:

February 28, 2013

Dear Sgt.K,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about stronger gun safety measures. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

As I have stated, I agree that Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. I also believe that every American has the right to be safe from guns without carrying a gun. In the wake of the terrible tragedy in Newtown, CT, the discussion on where the line is drawn between keeping our citizens as safe as possible and protecting the right to bear arms will continue to be a top priority in Congress.

While we do not fully see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in Louisville, please visit my website at www.yarmuth.house.gov where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@ RepJohnYarmuth ).

Sincerely,

John Yarmuth
    Member of Congress

12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm still writing.........

13. frank4570

frank4570

Is anybody else having trouble with the email tool that lets you contact all of your reps ? When I try to use it I get

Action Alert
    The Alert you've requested has expired

14. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Congressman Kilmer,
    You say that you support the Second Amendment and the ability to own and buy firearms for sport, hunting, hobby, or home protection. The Second Amendment is not about hunting, so, it really doesn’t matter what a hunter has to say about magazine capacity.

The Second Amendment is for one thing only and that purpose is to defend oneself and the country from enemies, both foreign and domestic including a tyrannical government.

Schools are “gun free” zones, but that doesn’t stop bad criminals, because, by definition, criminals do not obey laws. A sign cannot stop a bad guy with a gun. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Your party is attempting to use child safety as an excuse to infringe on the Second Amendment and the rights of law abiding citizens, while at the same time supporting the killing of over One Million children, annually, due to “unwanted pregnancy”. This paradox would be comical, if it weren’t so tragic.

When you speak of “common sense steps”, I hear the mantra of the liberal, gun control lobby.

When you say “universal background checks” I think that the only way to enforce such a system is through a universal firearms registry. As history has proven time and again, gun registration leads to gun confiscation.

I do agree, that Congress should not “simply sit back and do nothing”. Congress should be working continually to fix the country’s woes, most importantly, the budget issue. Those, in Congress, pushing gun legislation should be ashamed of themselves for allowing our government and its employees’ stability to deteriorate, while such a large amount of effort is expelled on how to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens (again, only the law abiding will obey ANY gun laws). Many of your constituents are employed by the department of the Navy. These folks are facing a 20% cut in pay, because Congress has failed to do their job. Are you facing a 20% cut in your pay?

You have sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. Please honor your vow.

With most sincerity,
    Pizza_Pablo

15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

WELL DONE! :thumbsup:

16. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Very well written, bro.

17. Chiefret

Chiefret

Bumping this.

Don't forget to thank you state reps if you survived without passing any new anti-gun legislation this year.

Honorable
    I want to take a moment and thank you for your efforts and support of our 2nd Amendment rights in the great state of New Mexico. Several anti-gun proposals were defeated or died before the end of the legislative session this year. I’m sure some of these bills will be resurrected next year. I am confident in knowing your position on these measures and will assist in any way I can to help defeat then. You can also count on my support with your future endeavors. Thank you

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  18. Drjones

Drjones

19. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Thanks, a lot! :supergrin:
    I was trying to remain civil and polite, while refuting his drivel.

20. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I just sent a very good mass email that I modified, using the NRA-ILA link above...but I deleted it on accident. Dammit! I was going to post it here.

Keep writing people!