Shouldn't an Oath mean something?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TheEggman, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TheEggman

TheEggman ( Classified )

[​IMG]

I have a minor change to suggest for oaths of the President, Congress, Judges and high-level appointees.

Since one of today’s “hot button” issues is the use of the word “God” in anything even vaguely government related, I have some replacement wording.

Obviously, swearing to “God” means little or nothing to most politicians, so perhaps some words with teeth might work.

See: http://EggClectic.com/1/opinion/oaths

Oaths, their history and backgrounds are at:
    http://EggClectic.com/1/the-oaths-of-office

2. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Not a bad change, but who is going to enforce it? Who will administer the drug tests? Who will pay for them?

3. TheEggman

TheEggman ( Classified )

Hell, if we had an opportunity to walk through DC with about 600 specimen cups I don't think we'd have ANY problem getting donations to fund testing and publication of the results.

4. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Doesn't matter if they swore the Oath to raspberry jam they would still violate it.

5. TheEggman

TheEggman ( Classified )

and every one of them involved signing a piece of paper that detailed very specific penalties for violating them. Some of these have expired after 30 years, and others will remain in effect in perpetuity. (I guess they'll dig me up & kill me again)

For example, In spite of the fact that congress must, by law, obey all of the laws that it "imposes" upon it's subjects. it gleefully exempts itself anyway. With NO repercussions.

Congress had better hope that we don't start enforcing EXISTING laws, because if we did, they'd be in trouble.

6. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

The only way I can even remotely see this happening is if a vast majority of Governors band together, and start pushing for it. Demanding it. What other entity in this country could possibly have the force of weight behind it? Maybe the SCOTUS, but what are the odds of them ever hearing a case that would lead to a ruling of the Legislative branch having to follow existing laws?

7. TheEggman

TheEggman ( Classified )

Yeah .... but it's nice to dream. :)

8. johnd

johnd

statistically they are the most corrupt group of people ever gathered in one place so, you think an oath is going to sure them of that?

9. GRD67

GRD67

I agree with penalty of death, but not jail, I thing jail is a waste of time and money. I think instead of jail they should be caned by a Singapore cane master. I think the ones who need to be drug tested are those on welfare or any other government assisted program.

10. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

I have real issues with the following - stating,
    "...Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States..." and at the very same moment, these liars are trying to dismantle the very document(s) that they are swearing to (duh!) preserve, protect and defend!

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

Remove from office. Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law (including Treason!), convict, and public hanging.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013