Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I posted this in the carry forum but thought I would try here also.

I am interested in a shoulder rig for a Kahr CW9. IWB and OWB wont work for me since I have an ostomy and my pants must fit too loosely to snug a belt holster.

The goal here is to have something that I can wear under a shirt, so an inverted carry or horizontal carry is what I would be looking for. Inverted carry I think preferred.

Tie downs to a belt should be easily removable since most of the time I will be wearing a tucked shirt.

And if the rig worked without tie downs, that would be preferred.

The searches I have done have given many hits but little enlightenment. So, suggestions for a Kahr CW9?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Hi all,

I posted this in the carry forum but thought I would try here also.

I am interested in a shoulder rig for a Kahr CW9. IWB and OWB wont work for me since I have an ostomy and my pants must fit too loosely to snug a belt holster.

The goal here is to have something that I can wear under a shirt, so an inverted carry or horizontal carry is what I would be looking for. Inverted carry I think preferred.

Tie downs to a belt should be easily removable since most of the time I will be wearing a tucked shirt.

And if the rig worked without tie downs, that would be preferred.

The searches I have done have given many hits but little enlightenment. So, suggestions for a Kahr CW9?
Good results with GALCO.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadl
Different, but I've seen compression t-shirts with a gun pocket side of the chest.

Compression, so the fabric stays tight on you and doesn't sag, and to then hold the gun in place.

Here is a link to an example of one on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Undercover-Concealed-Tactical-Clothing/dp/B06XFN5BLJ
Sadly unavailable. I have looked at the chest-band versions with seriousness. Am thinking I would like more flexibility, but there are also many solutions for many situations.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
600 Posts
I have couple belly band holsters laying around. Can you use one tho?

I take some pictures later when I get back home. I know one os like a shirt. I have no desire to use them.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Check the K.L. Null Holsters site. I have one and like it.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have couple belly band holsters laying around. Can you use one tho?

I take some pictures later when I get back home. I know one os like a shirt. I have no desire to use them.
A standard belly-band, no. The ostomy bag is at about2 o’clock along where the waistband of pants go. I can’t restrict the bag, or bad -and very messy- things happen.

I have seen a chest band that has some appeal, I may pick up one of those next time I stumble across the ad for one.

Right now I ordered the Galco rig, but one needs many holsters, and I have way too few.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check the K.L. Null Holsters site. I have one and like it.
I have seen the Null holsters and realized I have some contradictory perceived needs - under shirt carry and under sweater/jacket carry.

I have not done any serious shoulder carry before, so I will start with the Galco and expand from there. I may find that shoulder carry is a bit much for my EDC needs and go back to my 380 KelTec pocket carry.
Dunno ... this is going to be a process.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I agree they are light and are good firearms. I carry P45 all the time.
Want to look at the P45. My “high end” Kahr is the K9 which I like a great deal. I got the CW9 as an EDC because of the lighter weight. But as I get into this, I want to check out the P45 and MK9.

Reactions: Rank Stranger

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With a smallish gun a type of ‘belly band’ works.
Ostomies enforce carry restrictions. I have pondered if I could add a derringer in my ostomy bag as the ultimate deep cover carry....some access and cleaning issues have delayed this explore.

Reactions: cbetts1

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
In the movie "From Russia with Love" James Bond had the most perfect shoulder holster for a Beretta. Look for one like that for years and never found it.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Want to look at the P45. My “high end” Kahr is the K9 which I like a great deal. I got the CW9 as an EDC because of the lighter weight. But as I get into this, I want to check out the P45 and MK9.
I had the MK9 for awhile but sold it. Prolly should of kept it as it hands down one of the smoothest Kahr. I'm just not a fan of subcompact pistol. Even the P45 is small still and recoil is quite soft. You will like it a lot as need to do nothing but feed it ammo.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the movie "From Russia with Love" James Bond had the most perfect shoulder holster for a Beretta. Look for one like that for years and never found it.
Absolutely!

That is what I am really looking for - something that snuggles into the armpit and stays put.

The books had Bond with a Berns-Martin. This is an interesting read:

https://flemingsbond.com/berns-martin-triple-draw-holster/

For the films, it appears that the Galco Executive was used a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A Beretta 70s has been shortlisted as a shoulder-rigged companion too. It remains one of my faves.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts