GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
31,207 Posts
Damn, I feel dense. Are you saying to form a loop around your offside shoulder with the offside strap?
Yup, you aren’t dense, I failed to explain it correctly and concisely.

·
A swamp dude
11,023 Posts
Been wearing one since the late '80s and I always adjust it so it hangs lower - same with the Galco VHS. I have always been able to draw well from either.
Like all other aspects of concealed carry, personal choices about holster style, placement, comfort and safety vary a lot. I prefer high carry with Galco’s Miami Classic as opposed to the Don Johnson method. The Galco video in post #31 is instructive in proper adjustment. I know your choice of carry method is well informed and tested by your actual use.

·
Native Mainiac
20,350 Posts
This thread made me dig out an old Galco Jackass that I haven't put on in years. I was wondering if it would still fit, as it seems a lot of my Beltman belts made of leather seemed to have shrunk over time for some reason.

Yup, it still fits, and hangs nicely with my Kimber Ultra Cary, Colt Officers or Les Bauer Stinger.
No idea why the belts got smaller, but the shoulder stuff stayed the same???

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
This thread made me dig out an old Galco Jackass that I haven't put on in years. I was wondering if it would still fit, as it seems a lot of my Beltman belts made of leather seemed to have shrunk over time for some reason.

Yup, it still fits, and hangs nicely with my Kimber Ultra Cary, Colt Officers or Les Bauer Stinger.
No idea why the belts got smaller, but the shoulder stuff stayed the same???
If that Galco JA shrunk over the years you can send it to me... Just sayn!

Reactions: arnold ziffle

·
NRA Life Member
64,095 Posts

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Received the SMZ from Ken Null Holsters. It takes a while to get the straps adjusted just right; but once done it is very comfortable to wear. The Kahr PM9 rides well and conceals good. I wouldn't recommend it for larger guns; but it is great for guns the size of the Kahr, SIG P938, J Frame revolvers, etc.

The pics show how it rides when worn over a T-shirt and covered by a light unbuttoned cover shirt. The pics appear reversed; because I used the selfie mode to take them.

Edit: I went back and flipped the pictures. They are oriented correctly now.
20201207_210728.jpg
20201207_210745.jpg

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Note that Don Johnson is wearing his Miami Classic slung low so his piece is visible for tv viewers.

My preferred position is under the armpit where the gun is secure and well hidden. It’s called ‘concealed carry’.
I know it’s supposed to be carried high but it feels like I have a football under my arm, so I found a sweet spot that is in between and that has worked great for the last ten years.

·
A swamp dude
11,023 Posts
I know it’s supposed to be carried high but it feels like I have a football under my arm, so I found a sweet spot that is in between and that has worked great for the last ten years.
You found what works for you, and that’s what matters most.

The high, under-arm carry is something that requires some getting used to. Its just like any other form of concealed carry in that it feels unnatural, uncomfortable at first.

·
A swamp dude
11,023 Posts
Received the SMZ from Ken Null Holsters. It takes a while to get the straps adjusted just right; but once done it is very comfortable to wear. The Kahr PM9 rides well and conceals good. I wouldn't recommend it for larger guns; but it is great for guns the size of the Kahr, SIG P938, J Frame revolvers, etc.

The pics show how it rides when worn over a T-shirt and covered by a light unbuttoned cover shirt. The pics appear reversed; because I used the selfie mode to take them.

View attachment 884090

View attachment 884091
Your shoulder rig conceals great. I think it’s the most comfortable way to carry because the gun’s weight isn’t on my belt, working constantly with gravity to pull my pants down.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts