GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Are you referring to the leather on the harness? I can see that. I've carried a big bore in a bandito shoulder belt from time to time. I made a generalization when I should have been very specific about the the Miami Classic. The Miami Classic's harness system is very thin to make it comfortable [I guess in Miami] and you need some additional resistance to overcome the contact friction and retention setting. Something that should be considered if you order a vertical holster for this very specific system.
The horizontal holster that the Miami classic is, you don’t need a tie down. It will draw just fine when broken in. I have a few Galco shoulder rigs ( yes, I am a holster junkie). It’s not necessary.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
https://www.craftholsters.com/shoulder-holsters

No personal experience with this brand, but it looks interesting. Their "roto" shoulder holster carries the gun vertically, but it tilts down when you grip the gun for a more natural draw. Might be worth looking into.
The prices are also more in line of what they were just a short time ago too.

The vertical design would be easier to conceal as well

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
What the heck!

You guys have convinced me to buy a Miami Classic for my Sig P365. I went to the website to order, and when it came to selecting model, the P365 was not listed.

I'm going to call them tomorrow. I can't imagine why they don't make a holster for the P365, since it's becoming so popular.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I recommend this fellow without reservations.
http://www.klnullholsters.com/default.htm
I agree...Ken does great work.

Your comment and my reply got me to thinking; so I contacted Ken a couple of hours ago. I ordered one of his SMZ holsters for my Kahr PM9. He said he will make it Monday and put it in the mail Tuesday.

I haven't used a shoulder holster since 1967 when I carried a 1911 in a U.S. Govt tanker's holster. I carry the Kahr strictly as a BUG; so the SMZ will just be one more option for hiding it during winter months while wearing a cover garment.

Reactions: ssgrock3

·
Registered
30,245 Posts
Your comment and my reply got me to thinking; so I contacted Ken a couple of hours ago. I ordered one of his SMZ holsters for my Kahr PM9. He said he will make it Monday and put it in the mail Tuesday.

I haven't used a shoulder holster since 1967 when I carried a 1911 in a U.S. Govt tanker's holster. I carry the Kahr strictly as a BUG; so the SMZ will just be one more option for hiding it during winter months while wearing a cover garment.
Works well with a light cover garment, and clip the opposite side to itself.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Works well with a light cover garment, and clip the opposite side to itself.
Not sure I understand the bolded part...maybe, it will be more evident when I actually see the rig. :dunno:

·
Registered
30,245 Posts
Not sure I understand the bolded part...maybe, it will be more evident when I actually see the rig. :dunno:
The opposite side (without the firearm) is designed to clip to your pants or belt, instead I clip it to itself on the offside.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The opposite side (without the firearm) is designed to clip to your pants or belt, instead I clip it to itself on the offside.
Damn, I feel dense. Are you saying to form a loop around your offside shoulder with the offside strap?

Reactions: nursetim

·
NRA Life Member
63,394 Posts
It was a cheapo but I wanted to see what it was about before spending too much. I'm ready to move up now. Any recommendations for a decent vertical shoulder rig for a Glock 20 with 5.5" barrel and opposite shoulder spare mag pouch? One thing good about my current cheapy, I was able to fit a lite weight knife behind the mag pouches. The gun just would not stay fitted close to my body, it wanted to free float and swing causing it to print. (Supposed to be vertical but balance is wrong.) I had to do some serious mods to make it functional.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I would not willingly use a vertical shoulder holster, but when I was required to use one I picked a Galco VHS. When I'm not required to use a vertical shoulder holster, I us a Galco Miami Classic. Biggest advantage to Galco is they work just fine without being attached to your belt on either side. I specifically picked the Galco VHS for Afghanistan, because I was going to be wearing it over an OCP shirt that hung over my belt, and sometimes over body armor, so no belt attachments.

·
NRA Life Member
63,394 Posts
I’ve learned that the Galco ‘Miami Classic’ is a fine shoulder holster if adjusted properly. Proper fit means the holster is tucked snugly under the arm pit, not hanging loosely. The proper fit allows arm pressure to be applied to hold the holster for a clean 1-hand draw.

Galco holsters are expensive, but they’re good quality leather products. I had to stretch my current Miami Classic to get a good fit for my G19, but the company’s on-line video explains how to stretch the holster for a perfect fit.

A shoulder holster is clearly the most comfortable way to carry a handgun.
Been wearing one since the late '80s and I always adjust it so it hangs lower - same with the Galco VHS. I have always been able to draw well from either.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts