Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a question. **** has Galco Miami Classic for his Glock 19, and now I want a shoulder holster too for my 19. My question is what can I get? The Miami is great, but I don't need the extra magazine holders. I want one that allows one handed re-holstering. I want good quality leather. Any suggestions?

·
A swamp dude
11,861 Posts
Hey guys, got a question. **** has Galco Miami Classic for his Glock 19, and now I want a shoulder holster too for my 19. My question is what can I get? The Miami is great, but I don't need the extra magazine holders. I want one that allows one handed re-holstering. I want good quality leather. Any suggestions?
I like the Miami Classic, but you gotta know how to set it up.

Horizontal shoulder rigs shown in movies that hang loosely are not properly adjusted. Adjusting the rig snugly (but not uncomfortably)under both arm pits will stabilize it to allow for drawing and reholstering with one hand. Having at least one magazine holder helps a bit with balancing the rig, and it makes carrying spare mags effortless.

Think about drawing/reholstering this way: the holster is positioned under your arm pit; to draw, press your holster-side arm against your side to stabilize the holster. To reholster, press your arm lightly against the holster to add stability and look the gun into the holster to make sure it goes in cleanly.

Fitting the rig snugly under the arm pits is the key to concealment and safe drawing/reholstering. This makes it necessary to change the strap adjustments if clothing thickness changes significantly.

That's the way I do it, anyway. Good luck ML.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,844 Posts
I own a few different quality shoulder holsters. I don’t know any that are truly one handed reholstering.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
like you i too have been checking out shoulder holsters but have different requirements.. im wanting a nylon version thats vertical and has a double mag pouch on other side for my g17.. i have been giving serious thought to the bds brand

if i was to choose leather i would prob go with galco for the quality

1 - 7 of 7 Posts