Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked an Akers Comfort Flex shoulder holster for the 1911. What I have discovered is this. The thumbsnap goes right to the edge and slightly over the thumb safety. ( Kimber pistol) If the thumb strap gets moved ever so slightly, it clicks the safety off. I can't do pics right now. I may try later. Has anyone encountered this with a shoulder system?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little follow up. My Springfield doesn't have this issue. The thumb safety doesn't stick out as far.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I own an Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig for my 1911 S & W gun & it has a pull through Snap that was designed by the late Lou Alessi so there is never any problems carring it in Cond #1 & fusing with any thumb snaps etc. that may interfere with the gun's saftey etc.

·
Instructor #298
3,644 Posts
The safeties on some aluminum framed 1911's loosen up pretty quickly. Probably because aluminum is relatively soft.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I have a Galco Miami Classsic II and even though Galco has a short warning about carrying your pistol in safe condition as the manufacturer recommends, the thumb break can be snapped while in condition one. You just need to stretch the leather a bit as Galco instructs you in the documentation. No issues with the safety on my steel Kimber

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, this holster is used but used very little. I was wondering about it stretching out some. It can't fire, but it's just kind of un settling drawing it out to put away with the safety off like that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
One more reason I carry a Glock in my Galco Jackass rig: no external safety issues!

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
The last thing you want to do with nice leather is cut it because it doesn't fit before break-in. Follow mfr break-in instructions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts