Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
I do mask. I am not protecting against aerosolized virus particles I am get some protection from the droplets which is how I am told it is spread outside a hospital setting. I am also smart enough to know not to mess with it. I am not going to drop a mask because others are not smart enough to know how to properly use it.

Surgical style
With clean hands put on mask ensure it is properly in place.
Don’t touch it
When away from people with clean hands remove mask discard it
Wash hands.
Wash your hand again. Why not.

Regardless I have to get labs tomorrow and the facility is 100% mask facility right now so the cut and paste above does not get me out of that. :)

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
No. Makes me sick wearing that thing. The whole idea is to make us feel sick.
Just did a run. Didn't wear a mask. I feel great! First time I see some poor old person wearing one of those out in public, my stomach gets upset. Makes me want to barf!

Everywhere I go I see people playing with their mask,- touching it, adjusting it. That is really sanitary! Good job!

That mask is for an operating room or some such sterile environment. Frankly I feel safer being around somebody that DOESN'T have a nasty spit sock on their face!

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
In banks.
:)

·
Caffeinator
6,008 Posts
If I have a need to be around a person, then I will mask up. I have plenty to use since I bought them back in January after getting onboard the main WuFlu thread.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Masks in public? N95 at minimum. Also have P100's and goggles on hand, though we don't usually wear the goggles. Next time we have to fly (if there's no vaccine yet) my family and I will wear masks, just like we did when we flew during SARS, H1N1 and MERS outbreaks. Had plenty of company back then too, always fly JAL. Given what's going on now, we'll probably use the goggles this time.

If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. My family and I wear good enough PPE to protect ourselves from you.

Grumpy

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Right now no....no matter what the science is as if there was ever going to be the requirement they missed that ship by at least a month. Kind of like getting a girl pregnant then tearing open the condom wrapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Right now no....no matter what the science is as if there was ever going to be the requirement they missed that ship by at least a month. Kind of like getting a girl pregnant then tearing open the condom wrapper.

I will have to remember that analogy, and trust me it is going to get used. Beginning today masks are mandatory here in Denver, Co. Supposedly this will be enforced, but I highly doubt that. Restaurants (take out only) and plenty of other businesses have been required to wear them for several weeks now; but a fat 30% refuse to wear them so that they are doing any good, and no one has been enforcing any of that. I will comply, but only where I am forced to and only for the minimal required. I work by myself, so there are no concerns there.

It is my new joke that these power hungry liberal mayors are in a race to out liberal the next idiot; or you could call it a race to the bottom (where ever that is).

Posted from deep behind enemy lines here in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Not mandatory here but I’ll go with what they recommend when I have to. But I can’t not touch my face so not sure how much good it’s doing. Still working, to hard to wear at my job and can’t social distance there either.

·
Registered
43,664 Posts
If I am sick, I'll stay home so I don't spread any bugs.
If I have C19, I'll quarantine so I don't spread any bugs.
If the state wants me to wear a mask into the store for awhile so I don't spread some bugs, that I'm not aware of that I might have... ok, no big deal.

The repeated position about how people are responsible for themselves and I'm not going to wear a mask because other people can wash their hands and stay home if they don't like it.... that's akin to saying I'm not going to stay home if I'm sick or quarantine if I have C19.

It's temporary. Just to help out. How wearing a mask for 30 minutes when you go to Wally World has become such a line in the sand, I will never understand.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,905 Posts
I can think of no other downside to wearing a mask than discomfort.

The upside is it may help prevent the spread of a deadly disease.

Seems like a no brainer to me. YMMV.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Have a cloth one that I'll wear to the grocery store as it's usually packed with old folks who are masked up and I think it might make a few feel safer.

But other than stopping me from sneezing in someone's face I recognize it's of limited use.

My wife's hospital just decreed that all employees, even those who never interact with patients gotta mask up full time now with cloth masks. Doesn't make sense, but them's the rules I guess.

Reactions: Paul53

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Wear one if you think you need to. If you are afraid of picking up a virus then just just home.

Many of us refuse to live our lives in fear.
I feel the same way about mc helmets, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, seatbelts, circuit breakers, condoms, safety boots, GFCI’s, PFD’s, parachutes, grinder shields, safety glasses, gloves, bullet proof vests, FDA regs, CO detectors, OSHA, EPA, and most of all, firearms for personal protection equipment.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I feel the same way about mc helmets, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, seatbelts, circuit breakers, condoms, safety boots, GFCI’s, PFD’s, parachutes, grinder shields, safety glasses, gloves, bullet proof vests, FDA regs, CO detectors, OSHA, EPA, and most of all, firearms for personal protection equipment.
Now you are starting to get it. Government shouldn't require or mandate any of those things.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts