GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
458 Posts
Ob
How were the premiums and deductibles and copays changed when ObamaCare took effect?
Obamacare did not change Medicare (although the Mcare premiums, deductibles, copays continued to rise as scheduled every year.). Folks who are Medicare ‘eligible’ are excluded from OCare.

·
Anti-Federalist
1,997 Posts
All these people complaining that they shouldn't have to pay for someones bad choices. I agree. Lets do away with government subsidised health care in all it's forms, require people to pay for their own health care and let them live however the hell they want to. You know, that whole freedom thing.

·
NRA Benefactor
7,186 Posts
"No one said it was free."

I keep reading and hearing about Medicare for all and I know at least half or 2/3rds of the folks in this country can't really afford to pay for it, so it will have to be free. Right? No premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no nothing. Free. One for all and all for free. :)

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
"No one said it was free."

I keep reading and hearing about Medicare for all and I know at least half or 2/3rds of the folks in this country can't really afford to pay for it, so it will have to be free. Right? No premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no nothing. Free. One for all and all for free. :)
Not free, well unless your really poor I guess it is. But my thoughts. A huge portion of the country all ready gets a huge chunk of their health care subsidies/paid by the government. All government workers, politicians, military, veterans, poor, Medicare, Medicade, the AFC. Half the states 50% of babies born on Medicade. As high as 72% in at least one state.

All those folks see the same doctors as everyone else. I think private businesses, owners and employees are the ones getting the raw end of the deal. The taxes the private sector pays already go to government paid healthcare, and on top of that they pay more for their own private health care, sometimes outrageously more.

·
Varmit Control
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
... but not in populated areas like restaurants, movie theaters, bars. I still think vaping is the way to go.

Since you would ban smoking in bars for health reasons then you must think it a great idea to ban drinking in bars too.

You really miss the point that bars exist for a place to sin. It is why minors are not allowed.

·
NRA Benefactor
7,186 Posts
Cigarettes did not come with filters in the good old days.
Well duh, but unless they ate the hot butts or tossed them out the window without snubbing them out, the last half inch or inch of every unfiltered cigarette ended up in the ashtray. I can tell you never smoked unfiltered cigarettes. And some folks dumped their dirty ashtrays on the road.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't think government regulation is preventing anyone from doing what they want and I don't think that removing that regulation would cause someone to smoke that doesn't want to. I think the government doing what it is doing is anti-freedom and not what our country is about. I hate tobacco to be honest. Never touched it. Never will. If it's so bad, just make it a controlled substance and see how that goes.

Above all though, it's the stupidity and igorance of smokers that gets me. I love when you say something about people shouldn't have to be exposed to second hand smoke, a smoker will say "well no farting around me" or some other lame, stupid, argument like that. It's childish. Always a second argument they have. I've heard this on GlockTalk. A lot of people on here think that if a man wants to smoke around his kids it's his right. Now a women, they have a bit of an issue with women smoking, that's just gross, right? Yeah, and putting up with cancer causing smoke is manly. Something about breating in smoke from another man's lungs is erotic to a lot of guys on here I think. Here on GT, I posted about that I reported an employer for allowing their employees to smoke in the vehicles that I had to be in here and people here told me instead of reporting the business owner I should just quit the job, in the middle of the recession.

It's the reason I don't support the legalization of pot even though I'm against it being illegal at the same time. If we legalize it, pot heads are going to go light up wherever they can and be obnoxious about it.

·
263 Posts
Legalize ALL of the drugs. No age minimum, whatever.

Just don't come to me with the (healthcare) bill and hold me responsible for someone else poor decisions.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” Einstein
I love smoking pipes and cigars. I don't inhale or smoke where smoke is unwelcome.

·
Pharaoh
34,481 Posts
Sounds like you're saying that when it comes to limiting freedom of choice through social engineering for the sake of the collective norm, you're a fan. Mob rules. Would you say we should also ban motorcycles, all recreational boating, swimming pools, alcohol, skydiving, rock climbing, hang gliding, scuba diving, auto racing, and sex before marriage? Guns?
motorcycles= no
all recreational boating = half
swimming pools = yes
alcohol = no
skydiving = definitely
rock climbing = oh hell yes
hang gliding = no
scuba diving= no
auto racing = no
sex before marriage = need pictures to decide
Guns = only FUDD ones

·
Varmit Control
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well duh, but unless they ate the hot butts or tossed them out the window without snubbing them out, the last half inch or inch of every unfiltered cigarette ended up in the ashtray. I can tell you never smoked unfiltered cigarettes. And some folks dumped their dirty ashtrays on the road.
You completely missed the point that unfiltered cigarettes are completely biodegradable. Shredded leaves with a bit of thin paper are not an issue. People that want filters can use reusable filters.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
These smoking threads always seem to bring out the little Eichmann's.

How about we force children to enroll in "healthy activities" and we can give them awards like armbands, neck kerchiefs, or even knives with the states emblems on them? We can all make sure that they're starting off "correct ".

And the government should also be able to monitor who eats meat, or how much salt you use. Who owns a dangerous motorcycle, or a firearm, or allows their children outside unsupervised. Lets also monitor your lightbulbs, because energy consumption affects us all. And don't forget to allow neighbors to report who's not following the new laws.

Here's a crazy thought...how about you mind your own business and let everyone else mind theirs. Y'know, that old fashioned thing that used to be known as freedom.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts