GlockTalk Forum banner

Should Trump nominate a replacement for Ginsburg?

• Yes, nominate someone immediately and begin hearings

Votes: 281 93.4%
  • No, wait until after inauguration

Votes: 20 6.6%
121 - 140 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
55,337 Posts
I'm watching DJT's rally speech in Fayetteville, NC... And unless I'm mistaken, one of his strategic moves in pushing forward a SCOTUS nominee is to force Joe Biden to name whom he would pick as a nominee...

Since Joe is trying to straddle a fence (instead of just standing on personal principle), it puts Biden between a rock and a hard place -- either nominate a judicial moderate that would turn off the leftists, or name a radical leftist that would chase away the moderates.

·
Registered
74,441 Posts
Hey Senate Republicans:

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
Wait. Pick your battle (timing) wisely. The predictable Democrat Dog & Pony show will be a minefield. Wait until Trump is re-elected then full court press.
Given the example of Kavenaugh's contentious hearings there is no way we'll fill RBG's spot in a timely fashion. I suspect we'll pick up some House & Senate seats in the Fall and it will all be that much easier.
Fortune favors the bold, and as President Trump has demonstrated time and again, he is bold if nothing else.

·
Aw sheet main
1,551 Posts
When they say, and RBG supposedly said, a "new president", they don't mean after 1-20-21, they mean another president no matter how long they have to wait.

Reactions: DonGlock26

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
If it goes forward and gets to the insanity that informed the Cavanaugh hearings, maybe enough people will have had their fill of the ALWAYS COMPLAINING left that it will push them to vote 'R' and give Trump more time to actually do the good things he's done since 2016. (man, that's one long sentence!)
Why can’t we just confirm her now, then have hearing later, like the passage of the unaffordable care act, a la pelosi.

·
Making America great again!
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Reactions: NoJoy

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Yes POTUS Trump should nominate a replacement ASAP, so the left can help him be reelected ASAP. Why wait, the Court need another Conservative Judge who respect the Constitution.

·
Registered
30,230 Posts

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
View attachment 833316 View attachment 833318 I predict it will come down to these two options next week.

I hadn't seen the president's updated list. I have been trying to find more information on Judge Lagoa's stance on issues (particularly the 2nd Amendment) without much success. Gov Jeb Bush first appointed her to the FL bench and then Desantis put her on Florida's Supreme Court. Now Trump has her on the 11th Circuit.

My WAG is she'd be easier to confirm. She could also turn into another Roberts as well. :dunno:

IMO, it isn't just confirming "somebody", it needs to be the right judge.

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett. Since she's a woman the Dems can't attack her too bad. Because half the Dem voters are women, and so are most of the men Dem voters.
Doesn’t ever stop hilary the hag from attacking women that accuse wjc, or anyone else for that matter.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
If a replacement is not confirmed by time the next Congress is seated and we lose the Senate and/or the Presidency, it will have been the greatest failure in Republican party history. The opportunity to go up 6-3 and take away Robert's power as the swing vote is too important. It has to happen at any cost.

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
You forgot about the time the next male nominee cut the heads off of all of Santa's reindeer and molested an entire Girl Scout troop while also groping Mother Teresa.

Amy Coney Barrett is going to be hard to demonize. She's adopted two kids from Haiti, including one with special needs. The incredibly popular race card will be off the table with her.

I'm sure Schumer will probably pay some undocumented immigrant to say that she worked for Barrett as an under the table housekeeper and Barrett used to beat her with a coat hanger, just to delay the process until after the election.
Really? From the now overt racists democrats? Remember, they positively shudder in ecstasy to accuse others of their own behavior.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,624 Posts
Republicans set the precedent. Turnabout is fair play.
dear turtle fb.PNG

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
Republicans set the precedent. Turnabout is fair play. View attachment 833330
This is a street fight, there are no rules. Fair? When have the democrats EVER been fair? Ever! No, gloves are off. The time for fair play died in the 80’s along with common sense.

121 - 140 of 211 Posts