GlockTalk Forum banner

Should Trump nominate a replacement for Ginsburg?

• Yes, nominate someone immediately and begin hearings

Votes: 281 93.4%
  • No, wait until after inauguration

Votes: 20 6.6%
101 - 120 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Twenty-nine times in American history there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential election year, or in a lame-duck session before the next presidential inauguration. This counts vacancies created by new seats on the Court, but not vacancies for which there was a nomination already pending when the year began, such as happened in 1835–36 and 1987–88.) The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020...cans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
20200919_161848.jpg

·
Registered
18,127 Posts
With all of RGB's known health issues, I'm shocked that her replacement wasn't already selected. Since trump has a list of nominees that in many cases have already been evaluated I can see no reason not to have made a just in case determination. He knew she would die during his second term and had to have considered the possibility that it would happen this term.

My choice would be judge Amy Barrett.
Her or Colion Noir. Nominate Colion and watch the liberal heads explode for days on end.

Reactions: jmontgomery

·
National Capitalist
7,862 Posts
McConnell will cave because he’s a globalist scoundrel. There won’t be any hearings until after November. Which means things are about to get even crazier. The stakes just got higher in November.

If Trumps wins whoever he nominates will be a rapist.

Reactions: DaleGribble

·
Horselover Fat
32,150 Posts
I can’t imagine someone just stepping up for the three-ring circus of hate and innuendo that awaits them. Who in their right mind would accept after watching the Kavanaugh s**t show!!

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
McConnell will cave because he’s a globalist scoundrel. There won’t be any hearings until after November. Which means things are about to get even crazier. The stakes just got higher in November.

I was raped by whoever gets nominated.

Reactions: EOS and billy_56081

·
Come on man!!
14,364 Posts

You forgot about the time the next male nominee cut the heads off of all of Santa's reindeer and molested an entire Girl Scout troop while also groping Mother Teresa.

Amy Coney Barrett is going to be hard to demonize. She's adopted two kids from Haiti, including one with special needs. The incredibly popular race card will be off the table with her.

I'm sure Schumer will probably pay some undocumented immigrant to say that she worked for Barrett as an under the table housekeeper and Barrett used to beat her with a coat hanger, just to delay the process until after the election.

Reactions: billy_56081

·
Why so serious?
64,729 Posts

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Should he nominate? Yes, it’s his right. From there it’s a lot more hazy. I’ll expand on that in another thread perhaps. But yes, he should nominate. I’d even say derelict of duty not to...

101 - 120 of 211 Posts