GlockTalk Forum banner

Should Trump nominate a replacement for Ginsburg?

• Yes, nominate someone immediately and begin hearings

Votes: 281 93.4%
  • No, wait until after inauguration

Votes: 20 6.6%
81 - 100 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
Trump will do the fearless right thing to do, damn the mess it might make.
Business as usual, make the nomination, let the commies try and stop it in true fashion.........can I call them commies anymore? If not I will change it.......you know, the fearless right thing to do

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
3,594 Posts
The President should absolutely nominate the next potential justice. That’s his job.

Whatever happens after that whether confirmation, non-confirmation or a non vote until after the election is up to the senate.

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,454 Posts
The President should absolutely nominate the next potential justice. That’s his job.

Whatever happens after that whether confirmation, non-confirmation or a non vote until after the election is up to the senate.
If the Demsheviks can impeach and try to remove a President during an election year, a Supreme Court justice can certainly be appointed during an election year.

Eff the Demheviks and the high horses they are trying to ride on when they tell Trump and the GOP they can't do that.

·
Stop the steal!
17,300 Posts
Now, it's a matter of timing......

I'm betting Trump already knows who his nominee will be.

My thought is it's best to do it right now, Saturday.....before all the D's/MSM have an opportunity to huddle.

Sunday, or Monday at the very latest.....but, the longer Trump waits, the more organized the D's will be in their response.

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
Democrats Hate This One Simple Trick!

It probably won't be a factor, by FWIW, I just ran across someone raising an interesting bit of federal procedure ... traditionally when a member of the Senate is nominated for federal office, they skip over the whole committee/vetting/hearings part and go right to the vote.

Mike Lee could be confirmed by close of business Tuesday.

Now wouldn't that be some funny ****.
1589900104244.jpg

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Yes. Might cost him the election at this point not sure how doing it would play out.

Only thing worse than getting a pick and loosing the election would be not getting the pick and loosing the election. If you can get a sure thing take it.

Better keep the senate if Trump looses, otherwise we will see about 15 Supreme Court Justices as a “reaction to the Rs stealing the seat.”

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Of course he should nominate someone, that's his job. It's up to the Senate what happens after that.

Obama wasn't on the ballot in 2016, but as for what you said ... ummm....

View attachment 832904
Can they hate Trump any more than they do now? Nominate as is the job of President, pass to Senate and let them do their job, be it start the process or delay. No matter what, the left will use any excuse to attack, be it on the streets, in the news, or in halls of government. If you are afraid of their reactions, then the terrorists have already won.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,103 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the OP and think that it would be a big mistake for Trump to hold off on a nomination for fear of motivating more Dems to vote. This election won't be decided by LEGAL votes anyway.

Just the fact that Ginsburg has died is already having the maximum effect it's going to have.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I voted yes. The times for political hand-wringing is over. Use the power established in the Constitution.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When the republicans blocked Obamas attempts to nominate a court justice, I knew then that it would come back around to bite us in the a$$ and now, here it comes!
The democrats cannot stop this from happening, but republicans can. That is the "never Trump" republicans. They could also start the process, and confirm in the lame duck session after the election regardless of who wins.

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
81 - 100 of 211 Posts