Should I?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CC Glock, Feb 24, 2010.

1. CC Glock

CC Glock

This may get moved to the sights forum but who knows. Im thinking about getting CT laser grip for my G26. Its my carry gun.

Do you think its worth it?

I know this is a dumb question but do i just point the laser and shoot or do you line your sights up with the laser?

2. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

My father has a G22 with the CT laserguard on it. I have fired it a few times, and I have found the laser actually degrades my accuracy because I cannot focus on the sights AND the laser at the same time, and I find the sights to be a better way to aim. Of course if you don't want to use the sights then the laser is a great way to aim. Lasers definitely have some advantages at night, or in low light situations, but I would rather just have a good hand-held or gun mounted light. I also think that the whole idea of "The BG will see the laser dot from your gun on his chest and he will be scared and decide not to commit the crime" is a load of garbage. I doubt the BG will be looking down at his chest as he is readying his attack.

Personally I don't think a gun mounted laser would offer much benefit to me, and I would rather have a flashlight and/or a good set of night sights. YMMV.

3. I.Hate.Glocks.

I.Hate.Glocks.

After you get the laser sighted in, take your pick.

4. G26ster

G26ster

I'll take the laser over standard sights or night sights anytime (my opinion). I'm older than most here, my hand and arm strength is degraded, my draw is slower, :)violin:) but I can hit a 3" bullseye at 21' with most or all of a 10 or 15 rd mag in my G26 from almost any shooting position. As soon as the laser is on target (well before the gun is at eye level), the short trigger pull does the job. I cannot do the same with factory sights. Perhaps it's just me. I personally love the laser on my G26 and PM9, but as many will say, "your mileage may vary" (YMMV).