Should I trade my Glock 23 away?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 2Glock3, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 2Glock3

2Glock3

Thinking about trading my 3rd gen Glock 23 with extra LWD 9mm barrel, Trijicons, and Serpa CQC holster for a HK USP 40 Compact w/ Tru Dots. What do you guys think? I asked at HKPro.com, obviously they thought the HK was a FAR better deal for me. It's from '98 but seems to be in decent shape. I just wanted to get the other side of the story.

ps - The only reason I'm not fond of my Glock is the hard trigger break...what's the best way to get rid of that? Thought about buying a connector. Would that lighten the trigger break?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. Fragman

Fragman

No. Save up. I guarantee you will regret selling.

Trigger break is not hard, at least to me. A connector will soften it up a bit. The 3.5 connector makes the break lighter by changing the angle of the slope that the trigger bar has to move down to release the striker. I personally didn't care for it until I combined it with a NY trigger spring. It gives it a more consistent pull. IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

My buddy got one of those $15 trigger connectors for his 27. I picked it up, dry fired it once, and went "woah, your trigger is way lighter than mine!(19). And that was before he told me he installed that connector, so there was no preconceived ideas in my head about how light it should feel. I don't pull my trigger (shooting or dry firing) near as much as a lot of guys on here, so of I immediately noticed the difference without being told it was different, that's saying something. It felt about half as heavy as mine.

That said, the break on mine feels more predictable because of how heavy it is. Too light on a DA trigger and it's hard to tell when it's gonna break, IMO.

4. 2Glock3

2Glock3

Well I don't need it to be quite 1911 light but I would like it to be a little easier on the break. I got the offer for the HK because I posted about trading my Glock for an American 1911. I do think I'd take a nice 1911 over my Glock fairly quickly. o_O

5. CBennett

CBennett

Yes trade it! id not even have to think about doing this deal. I in my dreams wish when I was trying to sell/trade MY Glock 23 and LW 9mm barrel and RM low rider kydex holster that i had such a deal as you.

6. alabaster

alabaster Swollen Member

Don't get rid of it, IMO. It's almost the same gun, just by HK. I don't prefer the HK to most polymer guns these days, especially the compacts.

7. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

If you want a lighter breah, you wont be getting it from the 10+ lb DA pull on that HK. If you want a da/sa pistol, it would be a great trade on your end.

8. 2Glock3

2Glock3

Just talked to my dad and he posed a good question. "If you want a 1911, why are you considering trading for the Sigs and HKs?" So I think I've decided to hold onto and cherish my Glock a little longer until the right 1911 comes along. If not, I will just get some trigger work done and keep loving my Glock. :D

9. collim1

collim1

Dont trade it, you wont get 40% of whats it worth on trade.

And BTW, BlackHawk Serpas suck. Really, its a terrible holster for any use IMO.

10. Tsx

Tsx

Someone on here had 3 hk usp compacts for sale on here not to long ago they were asking 475 shipped, that's not to bad of a price.

11. 2Glock3

2Glock3

I wasn't looking to own a HK in specific...was just considering it b/c they a "higher end" gun. I doubt I'll get an offer for the right 1911 though. :-\

12. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

If trade it! Glocks are a dime a dozen to find! Great deal!

13. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

I'd trade it straight up for that pistol. My first and only Glock was a 23 and I traded it away for a Sig 226. No regret whatsoever.

14. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Fire the gun you intend to trade for. Keep the one you shoot best.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Put it this way...I used to own a HK USP40. I still own a G23. I prefer the Glock over the HK. And I never had a single issue with my HK. Great gun. Just not for me. I just prefer the Glock.

16. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

I know how it feels to have that grass is greener feeling, especially with a glock. If a glock works 100% it gets real boring because its so plain and simple. I've traded and sold several. If you like it, don't go trading it on a whim without a legit reason. I suggest trading it if you find a deal for something you found that suits you better.

Something I've thought about is how many times I've traded good reliable pistols and gambling on something new. Look how many guys buy brand new ones that are plagued with issues. If you don't need a go-to reliable firearm for self protection then you can afford to play the games. Most of us expect our firearms to function when our lives could be on the line.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If I had the H&K I'd trade it for a Glock 23, or pretty much anything. Being more expensive doesn't make it a better gun and the H&K USP is the best proof of that I have ever found.

Unless it's a P7, I'll never have an H&K handgun in my gun safe.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  18. Restless28

Restless28

It's bigger, heavier, and mags cost more. You have a nice G23 setup, IMO. I bought a used USP 40 for $475 in a shop once. IMO, that's what that gun is worth. Those are police trade ins. They flooded in awhile back. Nice gun, but I wouldn't trade even. He should give you boot, or you should hold onto the LWD barrel.

19. carloglock19

carloglock19

Don't sell or trade. Save up and wait for a good 1911 deal. I always heed the advice from my old man!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. However if you really want a 1911 wait sell the glock privately and get a 1911.