close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Should I sell it

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BIGGUNS911, Mar 31, 2010.

1. BIGGUNS911

BIGGUNS911

I have been thinking this over for some time now. My wife got me a Glock 21 for Christmas two years ago. I used it at work for about 1.5 years but due to the hi cost of ammo I replaced it with a Glcok 22 Gen 4. So what I need is a vote on selling the Glock 21 to get a Glock 27 for back up, off duty and just an all around gun. The 21 has some sentimental value to it but I do not see my self using it much. My boys are to Young to hand it down, and my wife does not shoot.

The second part of the question is, what price should I put on it in the WA area. I have a total of 6 mags, 3 duty, 3 range mags with orange floor plates. I also have a duty holster for it, Safariland SSI in basket weave. I have put around 600 rounds down range with it, kept it clean and I good shape. I was thinking around $550.00ish. If I got $520-540 I would be good to go on getting the 27. Note I am not putting this up for sale right now, just looking for input. Thanks all Bigguns.

2. TriggerHappy007

TriggerHappy007

Seems high to me for a used Glock. I can buy a new G21 for less than that. Just my opinion though.

3. badr1

badr1

nah with 6 mags, holster, I assume night sights if a duty gun? 525-550 is doable glocks aren't collectors so i say sell it and put a new horse in the stable that you can get use out of.

4. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

the price of used guns are runs 400-450
    extra mags and holster 520

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Tough call, but for now the need seems to be a compatible caliber & back up combo, so if I were in your shoes (& I've done this type of thing myself) I'd go ahead sell the G21.

When on duty, the gun is a tool, so if you think about it that way, the sentimental value is diminished. It also couldn't hurt to explain it this way to your wife & sincerely thank her again for the times & use you had w/the G21. I think that would show her that you haven't forgotten the significance of her gift.

Price wise, I don't know. I'm sure it's worth more than what you could get for it. Here in TX we are blessed w/good prices & w/the cost of a new Glock thru 'blue label' sales or GSSF, it's hard to settle on a good price for a used Glock.

6. Johnnyknuckles

Johnnyknuckles

Take it from a person who carried the 21 for 8 years, you might get what you want now....but you will regret parting with the big bore.

If money is not a major issue, save for the 27( i loved mine). Plus if any high-cap bans comes along, you will really kick yourself because the 27 will still be on counters, but the 21 will be a 10-rounder again.

Plus it was a gift! If nothing else, re-gift it to your children when they are of age to do so. The All-American 45 will be loved 20 years from now.

My 2 cents.( really just worthless)LOL

7. Lothar

Lothar Noob

I sold my 21 about a year ago with 4 mags for 475... i think that may be more in line with what you will get, especially with 1.5 years of carying it, i'm sure it's got some holster ware.

IMO don't sell, i wish i wouldn't have sold mine... let if be a night stand gun. Save up and get yourself a 27.

8. Royo

Royo BCPD

Why not go to your local dealer and see what kind of trade you can get for a G27 ?

9. jmorri30

jmorri30

If ammo cost is your main concern, have you thought about getting into reloading?

10. Seraph

Seraph

I don't like to sell my personal guns, but, in your case, I think I'd sell the G21, and get another G22. You need two of them. You won't have to look very far to find a very nice, near new condition, used G22 for $399 or so.

11. tango44

tango44

$500 with everything and get a G27 ASAP!

12. toddmog

toddmog

You would probably get more if you part out your package. Unless you have another LEO looking for that setup. I would sell the G21 with 3 mags for $450ish, sell the other mags for $15ish and then depending on the condition, get what you can out of the holster.

Then use your LEO discount to get the G27 for $398...or a little more with night sites. Either way, you would come out ahead.

13. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

NO ! Don't sell or trade that G21! are you crazy? :whistling:

14. BIGGUNS911

BIGGUNS911

Thanks you all for the input, it is a hard one to decide. I have one other 45, a Colt 1911 Commander. I love the 45 ACP and the Glock. I think I will hold on to it for a little longer and see where my money issues go on saving. As of not a carry the 22 and a 38 revolver on the ankle. It works good for me, but some day I want to go to same caliber in back up and duty. Thanks again.

15. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

As has been mentioned, it was a gift from your wife. Unless she has given you several other pistols, I'd hang onto it for the boys. Plus, it's a .45 and a Glock! Good idea to hang onto it! :wavey: