Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your opinion. Wondering if I should purchase a NIB G21 Gen3 or wait fir the Gen4 ? What's the opinion ?

Chuck - Rupe/PA

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Go with the gen 3. First off you don't know how long it will be before the gen 4 comes out. The gen 3 is proven. Let someone who gets paid by glock, do the beta testing. I still don't think they have the dual recoil spring figured out in the full and compact size guns yet. Why send your money to be a guinea pig for a huge company like glock. Maybe if they actually paid some beta testers before, they could have saved money for the extra springs and shipping. And they could have fixed the problems, before they put these guns on the market.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
If you are after the Glock Perfection, go with the gen 3 for now.The Gen 4 maybe ???

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have been wrestling with basically the same decision for the last week and a half. :crying:
I have come to the conclusion that I don't need the new back straps or a redesigned mag release, and I certainly don't want to be worrying about any of the issues that we all have been hearing about.
Although I am reasonably certain that I would have no issues with a gen 4, for my own piece of mind I am buying a new generation 3 G17 next week. :supergrin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm was itching to get a G21SF so bad I had just stop thinking about it. I got over it now so I'm gonna wait for the Gen4 G21. Think about it, a G21 with a much slimmer grip...thats all i need to hear.
Glock will get the Gen4 G21 right. Trust and believe, after all the complaints & returns...man they better not mess up the 45acp cartridge. I've already bought some G21 mags from cdnn.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm in a similar situation.

I want a G34 and I'm wondering whether to get the Gen 4 when its available or stick with the original.
Don't hold your breath. If the cycle problems found by many in 17-19-26's using lighter loads, can you imagine the problems potentially in using match loads in a 34? Stick to the Gen 3.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Wait for Gen4 but if you have problems there will be many who will say I told you so :whistling:

·
MacGyver
7,512 Posts
Unless ya gotta have the features of the 4G, go 3G...

Plenty of gun there.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm sorry, but I just can't buy into the whole Gen 4 thing. I don't like the look, feel, finish, complaints from others, or anything else about them yet. Maybe they'll grow on me later, but right now all mine are Gen 3 guns. I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I'm in your boat. I'm going to wait it out and then wait a bit more to check the reviews to see if there are any major issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts