Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that you can get factory glock mags with the +2 extension for the glock 22 and 27. What are the pros and cons of switching 2 the higher caps mags besides obvious dimensions? Will I lose reliability? Is there a such thing as a factory mag that comes like this? Where can I get them? I dont trust one that someone just put an extension on becuase they might not have changed the spring.

·
NRA Life Member
373 Posts
Another alternative for your G27 might be to try using G23 mags in it. You'd get +4 capacity, and you'd know for sure it had the correct spring. You could also add an A&G grip extender to fill the space where the G23 mag stuck out from the bottom of the G27 magwell. Note, however, that this setup would give you a grip that was about the same size as a G23's, so this may or may not be an advantage for you.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
You don't have to change the spring, the factory mags with the +2 extension use the same spring as the standard mags. The only down side is they stick out further.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I sometimes use a 19 mag with my 26 (same frame size as 27) and the grip is fine. Why not try a 23 mag first, then consider other alternatives if not satisfied. That way your other 27 mags remain stock. I personally like and carry with the Pearce 2733 extensions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't think you need to go converting every mag you own but for the price a few extenders are a nice accessory.

I have run glock factory exentenders with standard springs for a long while and never had a problem with reliability. I stay away from aftermarket stuff (scher and pearson) due to some durability and fit issues years ago that may have been resolved.

Plus 2 extender on my 26 is a nice puchase for my pinkey without adding too much size. On a 22/17 concealment isn't really an issue.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I recommend sticking with the 23 mags..ome members posted about having issues using 22 mags in a 27

·
Gunslinger
73 Posts
I believe the new Glock extended mag baseplate adds two rounds to 9mm magazines and one round to .40cal magazines. I prefer the Pearce baseplates for my G26,G27 and G36. They look and feel better than the OEM!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The glock OEM +2s add plus two to all the 9/40/357 models. They are ugly and incongrous looking though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts