close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Should I hear something from GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by sterling991, Mar 12, 2007.

1. sterling991

sterling991

About a month ago I faxed my information to GSSF and they charged my credit card the fee. Since then I have heard nothing from them. Should I get a packet of some sort? Or do I just go to matches? I am confused and would like some help.

Thank you in advance

2. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

If they charged your card it means they DID get the application, right? So, you almost certainly ARE in their database right now.

GSSF has been backlogged on new member packages for several months because they had run out of the stock they use to print membership cards. It took far, far longer to get the new card stock in than had been anticipated.

They have been working off their backlog of membership packages and renewal membership cards for some time now and you will probably get yours shortly.

If you really want your membership number, just call them and they will tell you what it is.

If you want to pre-register for a match, just mark "applied for" in the box for your GSSF number and they will look it up.

You don't really have to know what it is because they always bring an up to date computer copy of their membership database to every match. They can easily look you up when you get there.

:supergrin:

3. sterling991

sterling991

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to know where the closest match in North Florida is going to be!

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Coach is right.

However, the short answer is Pensacola, FL on Nov. 10-11.

Actually, depending on just where you are in "north Florida", the upcoming match in Columbus, Georgia on March 24-25 might actually be closer to you as well as a heck of a lot earlier!

:banana:

6. sterling991

sterling991

I might have to wait :( what do most people shoot at these events? I would think the long slides?

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i don't know for sure but i suspect the g17 followed by the g19 is the most popular. considering the limited number of classes a long slide would be legal in i doubt they're near the top of the popularity list.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Sounds like you need to check www.gssfonline.com and review the rules and legal guns by category first. Long slides are only legal in Unlimited Masters and Competition unless you are a junior shooter (Under 18 years of age). Not trying to be smart but you will find much good info there and will help answer your questions.

By the way if you will either be more specific where you are in Florida and distance you are willing to travel you would be surprised how much helpfull info you could get. If you don't want to post it here just PM some of us. I am in Panama City, FL and we have several shooters in Fort Walton Beach, Mary Ester, Jacksonville, Palm Harbor and many more will to provide info and help.:thumbsup:

9. truckcop

truckcop

Don't forget about us here in TackyHilly, I mean Tallahassee.

10. sterling991

sterling991

Gainesville Florida here. If there are shoots going on, PLEASE! let me know about it.

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The closest GSSF match to Gainesville just happen in Orlando in Feburary. The next closest match will be Conyers, GA (Atlanta) on September 29 & 30. There is a GSSF match in Anderson, SC April 28 & 29. If you are thinking about traveling a little, please consider the GSSF match that Norske mention in Pensacola in November. I am that club's match director for that event.

Dan:cool:

12. Adam5

Adam5

Ft. Benning in Columbus, Ga is the weekend of 3/24 - 3/25. That's about 4 1/2 hours from Gainesville. Ft. Benning will be my 2nd outdoor match. I shoot a monthly indoor match at my local range. I hope to improve on my embarrassing score at Conyers last fall.