close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Should I call Glock Cust. Service ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by top glock, Feb 22, 2010.

1. top glock

top glock

Would it be a good idea, to glock cust service, about my G-22 jamming with the tac light ? or will I get the run around ? Has anybody called them on this problem. On a side note.....I have the new glock autopistol mag. It has a couple of LEA that have the gen 3 g-22 with the tlr-1 lights. If all those g 22 have not jammed, then glock did somthing. Our police dept, carries the G-21. And our sheriff's dept, carries the G-17 They are not allowed to add anything to them. Aftermarket/glock parts. Wounder if its cuz the could become inoperable ?

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

How often has your G22 jammed with a tac light on it and does it do so when other people shoot it, too?

3. top glock

top glock

Everytime i shoot it, with the tac light on. and yes I have had my friend that is a LEO he shoots the g-21. and it jammed on him.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Do your mags have 10 coil springs in them? If they do, put some 11 coil springs in them and give that a try.

[​IMG]

5. top glock

top glock

Yep. have those in the mags, also have the arrendondo followers. still jams.

6. Butch

Arrendondo extensions with 11 coil springs? That would seem to nulify the added power of the 11 coil springs.....

7. top glock

top glock

Extensions ? is that the same as the followers ?? I tried it with glock #8's and +/- recoil springs. Nothing will work

8. Butch

Nope, this is an Arredondo extension:
    [​IMG]

But re-reading your post, I see you said followers......I'm not familiar with them, never felt a need to replace Glock followers.

You have 11 coil springs in the mags with the standard floorplates then? Did you have the same springs with the Glock followers too?

ANY other modifications to the gun?

9. top glock

top glock

yes I had the 11 coil spring with glock followers, and then tried the Arredondo followers. Still nose dives in the mag.

10. mymini40

mymini40

I doubt if its a problem with mags.

11. Butch

And no other modifications to the gun?

12. top glock

top glock

Thats what everbody claims it is.

13. top glock

top glock

Nope. all stock. I should say. 165 grain may jam 1-2 a mag. 180 grain will jam after the 2nd one. but if you rapid fire. no jams ??????

14. Butch

That's backwards, usually firing fast is more likely to produce malfunctions.

You aren't relaxing your grip when firing slower are you?

15. hoffy

hoffy

but a friend of mine got hired by a local PD and he called me frantic because he had to qualify and hadn't shot for some time, and the community college teaches mainly point shooting and he had to qualify on a standard B-27 at 50 feet. Anyway, they issued him a G-22 With the Streamlight, I think, has the slotted screw thing on the side to be tightened with a coin. Anyway he had just been issued this and they gave him 100 rounds WWB. We shot that and about 400 of my handloads with not a single problem, other than getting him to hit, though he qualified. I am on and off this forum as I have time and have heard of this problem, but I have the Glock light/laser and a Surefire X-200 A and never had any jams with those(have G-20, and G-35 with rails, and several non Glocks). I doubt you are limp wristing it , I would think a light might help prevent that, I dunno, give them a call, what could it hurt, they have rails on them after all.

16. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Normally I heard the restrictions is due to insurance and cost of holsters/batteries/lights/lasers and the fact 50% of the pistols are only used in the daytime. Also stock glock is really the way to go... you don't need a situation where somebody had a tactical drop in trigger on a duty weapon and they shot someone not intended to be shot.

Departments/cities vary with their laws... like in I think Boston the cops cant have "Black Rifles" only pistols... pretty scary actually if some crooks with AK's roll up.

17. Dingus

Dingus

If you do call Glock, you will want to speak with the Warranty Service Department, not Customer Service.

Are the #8 followers the ones that came with your magazines?

18. nedfolks

nedfolks

Butch, you have a picture for everythig!

19. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

If you remove the "tac light" and the mag extensions does the gun work fine?

20. cciman

cciman

If you run a large department, these types of decisions have to be taken seriously. There are several concerns about add ons.

First is liability-- not just the legal kind. Second is quality control. Since you are dealing with a known entitiy factory made device, which you have shopped and tested for and accepted a minimal standard for. The last thing you would want is to allow a known quality product to have unknown quality addons or unknown quality labor. You also are responsible for standardized training of any weapon you provide. Its for the safety of both the officer and the public. Consistency each and every time is the cornerstone of safety.

Same for those departments using AR's, 1911's. You want to have strict control for what types of modifications these tools can have. Those controls also have to be signed off by other entities to spread the liability: ie. modification done by the gun company for your specialized use-- LAPD-SWAT 1911, or Blackwater Sig, or DPD G22, etc.

You do not want someone untrained operating a black rifle under stress-- that's how all the cops got killed in Terminator!