close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Should I buy a Glock 22 RTF2 .40 S&W?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by X-man, Jul 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. X-man

X-man

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the whole Glock thing, but have been shooting since I was five years old (just hit the big 40 last week:crying:) so I'm by no means a newbie.

However, I finally bit the bullet again and bought a Gen 4 Glock 17, which has grown on me. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 1911 fan and have avoided all polymer pistols for years, but a friend finally convinced me to give 'em a second chance after my first experience with the original generation G17 failed to impress me back in the late 80s.

I'm writing from Canada, so our prices are typically $100-$200 more than US prices despite the fact that our dollars have been essentially at par for the past 3-4 years.:steamed:

Anyhow, I just stumbled across a new (NIB) Glock 22 RTF2 in .40S&W at my local shop that is listed for sale a good $150 bucks off standard pricing for current late model Gen 3 & Gen 4 Glock 22s. It is the fixed sight model.

As a newcomer to the Glock collecting world, what is it about the G22 RTF2 that makes it less desireable? Given the price, should I scoop it up before someone beats me to it? :dunno:

2. Tap Tap

Tap Tap

I would stay far away from it. Your nancy hands might start bleeding. Buy a $3000 1911 instead, pronto.

3. X-man

X-man

Just wondering are you deliberately trying to be a dick or did you forget an emoticon?:headscratch:

4. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

I'd pick it up. I'm a fan of the texture.

5. X-man

X-man

I'm seriously thinking about it. The rear slide serrations are the "gill" style, instead of the straight up/down configuration. Are the RTF2 models with the "gill" serrations more or less common? Thanks for the reply, BTW. :)

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Check out the "Glock Collectors Club" forum under "Glock Talk". There is a thread called "who has RTF2 with curved/gilled serrations". That is a repository of sorts that will tell you pretty much everything you need to know. But to answer your question, the G22RTF2 seems to be the least "rare" out of the group according to the information. Either way, if you like the texture, and you have located one NIB for $150 less, and your in the market for a .40 I'd jump on it, but that's just me. Gills are always desirable since they are not being made anymore.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  7. JW1178

JW1178

Yes I think you should. :D

8. bac1023

bac1023

:upeyes:

Real nice jackass

9. X-man

X-man

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)

10. sawgrass

sawgrass

I shot a G22 today and I really liked it. It was the first time that I shot a .40. I have a G19 in RTF2 and with gills, I like it too. If you have the dough why not buy it?
    It sounds like it's priced so that you wouldn't lose $ if you wanted to get rid of it later.

11. larson1122

larson1122

Go for it, I really like the RTF2 texture :thumbsup:

12. bac1023

bac1023

13. Landric

Landric Supervisor?

My preference is for the RTF2 over all other Glock textures. The Gen4 comes in second, I find the standard Gen3 and previous Glocks way too slick for my liking. The RTF2 guns seem to be actually selling for slightly more than regular Gen3 guns in the US since Glock replaced them with the Gen4. I'd jump on it.

14. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

15. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I would buy it X-Man....you probably won't see another...for that price anyway.

16. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

yes. yes, and yes again. It is such a positive grip. I love both of mine, and especially if you're getting it cheaper than most other Glocks in your area.

17. DaBurna

DaBurna

You GOTTA get it Bro!!

18. X-man

X-man

Who says peer pressure ends with high school? :supergrin: Just pulled the trigger and bought myself a brand spankin' new G22 RTF2, along with a crap load of Magpul goodies for my long guns and some extra OEM Glock mags!

As part of the gun shop's July promotion, there's a free Glock range bag and Glock ball hat included to sweeten the pot! Yes! I definitely drank the GLOCK Kool-Aid! :drink: :woohoo::dancingbanana::woohoo:

19. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats!:cool:

20. frankr

frankr

X-man, WOW Congrats. Love the 40 S&W.