Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited a while before I bought a 42 so the kinks got ironed out. Should I wait another 6 months before I buy a 43 - or should I get it now? Although I have not heard of problems with the 43, I just want to play it safe in case anything arises. I have a GSSF Coupon coming soon so I am prepared to buy now.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
I waited a while before I bought a 42 so the kinks got ironed out. Should I wait another 6 months before I buy a 43 - or should I get it now? Although I have not heard of problems with the 43, I just want to play it safe in case anything arises. I have a GSSF Coupon coming soon so I am prepared to buy now.
Now. End of thread. :cowboy:

· Registered
4,263 Posts
I've heard some talk of minor issues. I'd give it another few months.

Also, they may be getting enough out there that all the gotta-have-it's have there's already, but I bet in another few months it'll be just another gun that can be had for the standard discounts (if it isn't already)

· Registered
5,800 Posts
The 43 launch seems to have been mostly drama free. My .02 is that if you want one, can find one and the price is acceptable.....buy it. I did yesterday. I waited too long. The gun is incredible. Every hand is different but for me, the G43 points and fires quite nicely. It will be my primary summer carry.

I do have an advantage tho. I'm 45 minutes from the Mothership. IF it gives me a problem, I'll drive over and have them trouble shoot it while I wait. The first range session was great. Two boxes of FMJ followed by one of Gold Dot 124+P. No hiccups.

· Registered
180 Posts
I agree. If you want one and the price is right, I'd go ahead and buy it. I paid $475 for mine. I thought that was fair, but I know people have done better. I've lost count of the rounds through it, but it's probably around 700 or so. No problems at all with many different brands of ammo, both FMJ and JHP, cheap and expensive. One mag has a +1 extension, and it has been 100% as well. I'm pretty happy with it.

· Registered
781 Posts
I wouldn't worry about functionality. The only issues I have read about is some early one had mags catching when inserted and trigger reset issues when someone took theirs apart and put them back together wrong. The mag issue has been corrected. I purchased one a couple weeks ago and love it. Not a single issue. The only reason to wait, would be to wait for more after market parts and accessories. But that isn't a good enough reason for me.

· Deo Vindice
1,208 Posts
Only real issue I've heard of is with the mag catch. In what appears to be a minor amount of cases it can make mags difficult to insert do to some excess plastic on one edge of the catch that in many cases can be fixed by the user with razor blade or something similar. But Glock will take care of it if you happen to encounter that issue if you're not comfortable breaking the pistol down into its smaller bits.

It's a problem that Glock is already aware of and is fixing with a newer mag catch. It affected only the earliest runs....and not many at that. You'd be able to test something like that before you buy. It's a pretty obvious issue if your pistol has it.

That and you'll certainly hear about any and all issues here if there were any major ones. I'm always hesitant to buy on the first run on most guns....but in this case the vast majority of reports were too positive for me to pass on it.

Mine has a born on date of early April....got it about 3 weeks ago. No issues.

I think in many ways the 42 was the test pistol.

· rubberneck!
35 Posts
The mag hangup is a problem I encountered with three different magazines to some extent. I found the problem can be rectified by taking a pocket knife and shaving just a small amount of plastic off the leading edge of the mag opening, just enough to expose the metal mag frame. The extra plastic over the top of the metal liner causes the hangup problem. The illustratration below shows the acceptable amount of plastic covering the leading edge.
Grey Cylinder Gas Plastic Wire

Notwithstanding the magazine problem, I've shot 1750 trouble free rounds consisting of Federal branded American Eagle, RangeTargetPractice, and HST. I find the overall dimensions and weight very reasonable, the grip proportions the best of all Glocks, and the stippling just aggressive enough to provide acceptable friction in the hand without eating holes in my shirts. Of course, I have no professional qualifications and the aforementioned statements are completely subjective..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.