Should I be worried??..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KommieforniaGlocker, Feb 15, 2010.

1. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

Okay, I have had a gardner (the same one) for many years, nice guy, I went to school with his son. He is pretty big has a couple of routes going, the usual guys will come do my house, as far as mowing, or trimming trees as needed, seasonally etc.

Well today one of his guys came over to the house about 700 pmish (may ealier). He rang the door bell, I opened and he was almost surprised to see me. He said hello, and told me that on Thursday he and the two other guys he normally comes to do my house on Fridays, were asked by the neigbor to come over and trim his trees, (some of it hangs over my property). He wanted to see if they were gonna need to come into my yard to get branches that fell over if it would be okay?...Or if anything like leaves etc. fell on my side he or the other guy would come over to rake it up. As they come on Fridays I leave the side gate unlocked (those days and those days alone) he asked me to leave it unlocked on Thursday. He said that way if they didnt get all the debris on Thursday afternoon when they did the job, they would get it Friday morning when they came to do my house. I said "cool" okay see you guys take care, and he left.

So around 7:30 (half hour ago) my neigbor pulls in to his house, I am out in the front bringing in trash cans, and go over to say hi, I tell him that the Landscape Matineance people he hiring are really good, and that I have had them for years and went to school with owners son, blah blah blah....He looks at me shocked and says
    "What are you talking about"
    I am like yeah they are coming on Thursday he says "not that I know of," he calls his wife and she dosent know what he is talking about. So I get on the Cel and call buddy's Dad, owner and tell him that his guy came over, he freaks and tells me he fired that guy over a month ago:shocked: for stealing equipment and hocking them, he is big time meth head and if I see him to call the cops. So now I am worried, Gardner called the police, as soon as I got off the phone and I did too, they said they would send some one over..........I am still waiting.................................I think they might show up on thursday :dunno:
    :faint:

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Sounds like you should be worried.

3. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Interesting..tagged for further information. Good luck and stay alert.

ETA: Be worried. I would be.

4. shavedape

shavedape

So arrange to be home on Thursday. Also, make sure there are "eyes" in the neighborhood in general, meaning, get that neighborhood watch fired up. Someone is home on your block during the day and they can keep an eye out for a few weeks. Just give everyone in the neighborhood a heads up and chances are if something happens then someone will see and call the po po.

5. Jacobdw

Jacobdw

I would take the day off work... load up the AR and strap the 23 to my hip... greet him at the property line...

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I'd park a couple houses down. Be home and armed. Call 911 and report a burglary in progress when they pull up. Stay inside.

Have a video recorder ready.

7. Smashy

Smashy

Be home that day. You know, not feeling well, decided to call in sick. Happens all the time.

8. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Worried? Perhaps... Armed and waiting? Oh yeah!

9. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

So you could arm yourself and wait to be a vigilante as some suggested, or call your local leo and let them get to work.

Your local leo will do something cool, like put out something valuable as bait and place cameras to see this fellow stealing said bait. Then they will arrest him as he is leaving and have video evidence. Then his old boss can maybe get his money back, and he will probably get popped for possession if he is a meth head.

Or maybe get into a confrontation, risk personal well being in health, finances, and legal status. In a perfect world you could maybe shoot him.

I just read that you already called the cops which is good. Hopefully they will be proactive in this matter. Good luck with it, and I would definitely be armed with a pistol on me and shotgun nearby, no family home without you there etc.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Stay armed, all the time.

11. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Come to think of it..when I lived with my parents (in the 18-21y.o. range), landscapers would come and go as they pleased since my parents scheduled new landscapers every other week. In the metro-Phoenix area, I would have to guess that there are over 5,000 different small and large landscaping companies and no one bats an eye when they see them walking around the property. I always stayed vigilant when I was home and kept an eye on things..but no one in AZ seems to care about landscapers. I'm surprised crime rates related to landscapers are not as high as they are..

12. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

methheads tend to be a bit disorganized for all their obsessive behaviors. i'd not put much hope and expectation of promptness into my game plan, and I'd certainly make preparations for visits at ungodly hours. if they arrive, they're planning to steal at the least and possibly much worse.

WHEN they arrive is irrelevant entirely, and being as criminals LIE as well as miss appointments, I'd call it a class III heads up and do all the proactive smart moves I could think of. Hiring a lawyer might be excessive, but sifting lawyers certainly isn't.

13. JJS

JJS RIP Col.Moroney

No worries...its still illegal to steal...No?Plus california has many many anti gun laws so no worries about any of them being armed.Also its illegal to possess or use meth.

You have nothing to worry about.

14. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

OK Update, since my posting a couple of hours ago, LEO (Courteous, Professional, very detailed) showed up asked alot of questions, description, time, where he went, if he went in the back, did he go throug the house etc. Gave me a couple of his cards as I told him I would go around and talk to the neigbors.

Went around the block with my wife, and neigbor and told those that were home (or answered the door) And gave them officer's card, told them to call police if they saw anything.
    Landscaper (company owner) came by personally to apologize like 50 times, he told me that he was having his wife and daughter call ALL of their customers as guy (forgot to tell you was wearing work uniform shirt) when he came, to see if he tries this on any other houses on the route he was on.
    LEO went to talk to him first before he came to my house, thats why it took a while, he gave LEO known address, next of kin, how he met and hired, everything but blood type on the guy.....He actually hired him, through a reference at his church :upeyes: turns out MR. Meth Head found Jesus and the Pastor actually vouched for him thats why the landscaper hired him because he was reformed :shocked:

As for me, I am gonna take some days off from work, I am not trusting a set schedule for this crackpot, my wife is stay at home, my 4 year old son is at pre-school and my 1 year old is home..........
    I dont have an AR, as I am in California, my CCW is my Glock 23 (loaded w/ CorBon PwRball), that will play second only to my Remington 870 Express.
    Tomorrow I am gonna go talk to the neigbors that werent home when I went this evening. I am gonna work from home (atleast until the weekend) Its funny, I am not worried so much as him burglarizing my home, all my stuff is insured, endorsed and legal documents with private info are in a safety dpeosit box not in home, my bigger concern is trying something when my wife is home with the kids:steamed: They are my life............

I am hoping the nut job, forgets.......I sure as hell havent.....what gets me now is the not-knowing, sitting and waiting :faint::dunno: What the hell am I supposed to do now? Sit here and wait, for some loser that probably may not even show up...............The landscaper did tell me that the police supposedly told him they would check out the known addressess he had, so if they go, his friends and family might tell him the jig is up, but again the officer did not tell me, he is saying they told him, so I cant be sure. I dunno.......................This sucks

15. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Rest easy my friend, I know you're stressed. Take the wife and kids out to the park or something..have family time. Get your mind off of this for a while.

capt

16. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Yes I would be. If it was me I would stay home thursday & friday if I could. I would also leave the gate open to bag this scumbag.

17. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Sounds like the police need to come over around Thursday

18. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

It would be awesome if the dumbass actually showed up, the look on his face being confronted by LEO's would be priceless.

19. Herb Twoleaf

Herb Twoleaf qxPfZzhK

I'll be different and say that it sounds to me like he was already trying something tonight (surprised you answered your door), and concocted this little Thursday story on the fly to explain his presence in your AO this time of night. Doubt he'll have balls to come back; but I don't know the guy, so :dunno:. Better safe than sorry I guess.

20. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

They use the cover of landscaping to break into homes. I would let them in before shooting them. Of course if you are lucky the cops will nail the guy. Good luck and don't let your guard down.