Should I adopt my sister's dog?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Goldendog Redux, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

My sis has a Bichon Frise that she does not really want. She recently went through a divorce, husband had to have it for the kids, now he can't take it yada, yada, yada.

I don't visit my sis much but I felt the dog was not getting enough love when I did visit. He lives in the kitchen with a doggie door to the back. The dog does't have free reign of the house cause he pees on things. My wife is sure she could fix that.

We have two cats, a yellow lab and are expecting a new lab puppy in a couple weeks. We have plenty of room at the house and plenty of love for all the babies.

He is kind of a foo foo dog for me cause I'm so manly;g I am sure Nick could party with our current animals. Do Bichons chase tennis balls, swim and try to murder rabbits?

Any thoughts?

MF

2. glockgirl19

glockgirl19

While i commend you for wanting to give this dog a better life, i think there are some things you should think about and consider before bringing him into your house. If this dog is confined because he is peeing all over the house it may be because of a medical issue or because he was never properly housetrained. I would want the dog checked out by a vet to make sure nothing medically is going on with the dog before adopting it. I would also make sure this dog is uptodate on his vaccinations as you don't want to expose your new puppy to anything. Finally, this dog may not get along with your dogs and cats, expecially if he has been an "only child" for his life so this may mean you have to keep them all separated if you adopt him. Good luck with whatever your decision may be.

3. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I am certain the dog pees because he has never been trained. As far as getting along with the other animals, that remains to be seen. He is a sweet little dog. I am sure he would love some attention.

MF

4. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

My sister has one of those. It's great with my nephew (1yo) and all of our critters, both cats and dogs. He's a little too much for our chihuahuas, but that's because he's young and they are getting older.

One of the dogs we got from the shelter had a peeing problem. All it took was some training and for him to get over seperation anxiety. That's an easier thing for them to get over if there are other critters running around.