close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shotguns for the PNP

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Eye Cutter, May 14, 2007.

1. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

i've seen a lot of pnp personnel carrying pump action shotguns these days instead of m16's. i heard they're phasing out the m16's for patrol duty. anybody else has noticed this trend? anybody know what shotguns they're issuing?

is this a good idea or not?

saki? :)

2. Allegra

Allegra

Not a good idea!
    funyeta , maarbor mga sg shells ko!

3. chocoboy

chocoboy

yeah, saw a couple of PNP personels carrying shotguns (extra shells on their slings) along EDSA n Santolan. Pati yung mga naka mobile, naka shotgun na rin.

I think it's becoz of the cost... cheaper to maintain as well.

4. theTactician

theTactician

what shotguns are they using? mossberg 500 special purpose? benelli supernova? or just armscor shotguns?

5. ahtsay

ahtsay

Doc baka less training required din to use a shotgun...maybe para they don't have to aim much. :supergrin:

6. theTactician

theTactician

could be..hehehe:animlol:

7. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

The Cebu City Police were given some Hatsan pumpguns:)

8. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Shotguns DO have to be aimed. The collateral damage they can do is awful. I hope any cop firing a shotgun will not start blasting away from the hip, or from beyond 10-15 meters range from the bad guy. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of perforated citizens.

9. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

You are right there Ante, and shotguns do need training. They are called the thingking mans gun for a reason :)

10. mikol

mikol

areas in cebu like, downtown, mid-town & even in the business center areas, shotgun in additional to our regular LEO's sidearms is not a very wish idea for me.

but for those LEO's who are engage in high risk missions going from plain roads to hill sides, shottie might be a great alternative as a back-up fire power.:)

11. G19cPH

G19cPH

PNP here in our town are still using M16's and infants.

12. parang.infinity

parang.infinity

armscor shotgun ang gamit.

a friend of mine is one of the instructors. according to him HQ is slowly phasing in the shotgun, requests from regional office/districts are send to HQ Logistics (crame) once approved training is provided before issuance of the shotgun.

13. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

shotguns are being issued from national headquarters, i'm in favor with shotguns being carried in mobile cars. m16's won't be phased out, we're just adding firearms in our arsenals, and shotguns from turkey are quite dependable and much cheaper compared to m16's. yet our pnp aviation group has just issued to it's personnel m4's with 11.5 inch barrel made by dpms. a shotgun and a rifle should always be basic firearms in mobile cars aside from its crew's sidearms. the makati government acquired g36 exclusively for makati police use.

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

wow! g36! pag na-issue-han ka, ako na muna magtatago ng baby mo, ha? hahahaha!!!!

15. kamelot

kamelot

I got in touch with a military officer who is in charge of their training and he is a shotgun shooter himself. He told me that he gives emphasis to training as well as to efficiency of their equipment. In fact, they have become the unofficial R and D of the local suppliers of these imported shotguns. He doesn't hesitate to point this out to the suppliers who gladly oblige to replace any breakage to parts of the shotguns supplied. His main concern is to ensure its safety and serviceability in the field specially in times of need.

I've seen their teams (emphasis on the s)join IPSC and IDPA competitions. They are one mean machine. I am sure that our PNP will be a stronger force to reckon with against criminals if we have more officers like him who is dedicated in teaching PNP personnel the proper way to handle shotguns.:)

16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

ronald: sino instructors nila?

17. theTactician

theTactician

come to think of it, shotguns are good. there was one story here where a police officer who was about to go off duty when a hostage crisis happened in a nearby mall, he grabbed his duty mossberg 500 special purpose pump shotgun ( the one with the retractable stock), equipped with red dot, and using a buck shot, he took a careful aim at 5-9 yards and he nailed the guy on the head. a real manstopper. and to think this badguy has a hostage as well.
    napabilib ako sa mossy shotgun when i read that story. pretty cool actually. im thinking of getting me one. either a mossy 500 special purpose or benelli's supernova tactical pump shotgun.

18. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Buckshot - buckshot - to the bad guy's head? Must have splattered his brains all over the place.

19. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

High powered firearms + Low trained personnel = a Huge mistake

20. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

have no idea yet who's the trainer, but just in case we need one in makati i'd recommend german delos santos. he's a coach of rp team, a friend of mine and a kagawad in our barangay.