GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my first 12g semi auto shotgun. Both shoulders have issues I do believe it’s arthritis. So looking for the softest least felt recoil semi auto shotgun. I’ve been told to try the Beretta A300 Outlander if I’m trying save money but still have a solid shotgun.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
My semi-autos are the Benelli M2 & the Browning Gold, have 2 of each for some reason. Then there is that early 50’s Sweet-Sixteen.

For the higher $$ gun, the M2 is worth consideration.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
Whatever you choose, there is a product called kynshot. It's a buffer tube with hydrolics built in.

I had my vepr 12 modified to be able to take it. 3" magnum shells went from being literally painful to shoot each shot to mild.

So if recoil is an issue I highly recommend kynshot.

You just have to pick a gun that will take an ar style stock adapter.

Highly recommend the vepr. They will only go up in value since they aren't imported anymore and are excellent.

https://www.nokick.com/KynShot_Hydraulic_Shotgun_Buffer_p/kyn-rb5100.htm

20160530_174850.jpg

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Have a Beretta A400 and it's a soft shooter. Have shoot hundreds of rounds with it in a day without beating myself up. Don't know2 if the A300 has the same gas system.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have Benelli M2’s. Have shot them side by side with the versa max, 930. The M2 shoots softer.
The Stoeger M3000 is also a good shotgun. A bunch of 3 Gun guys like it. Price point in the M3000 is low compared to the M2.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Recoil mitigation.
Get a gun that fits you.
Get a great recoil pad
You try a recoil reducer in the stock.
Shoot the softest shooting shell that will cycle your gun.

The M2 has a comfort tech stock that is great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I duck hunt all winter, and shoot skeet regularly with my kids/grandkids the rest of the year. By far, the softest recoiling shotgun I've ever had is my Remington Versa Max. It's had 1000's of shells ran through it, from light skeet loads, to full tilt 3.5" waterfowl loads, and has yet to fail. Lots of folks hate on Remington, but you owe it to yourself to at least try a VM before you decide. I gave my Berretta A400's to my daughters. They are soft shooters, but the VM edges them out.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Also for shotguns stock fit makes a huge difference and almost everyone chooses a stock too long. Sadly most guns come with stocks that are too long for almost everyone too.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,351 Posts
For the softest recoiling shotgun, Remington 1100 or 11-87.

My 1100 in 12 ga feels like a 28 ga.
My wife's 11-87 Youth in 20 ga feels like a .410 on my shoulder.

"Gas guns" soak up the recoil.

Reactions: jame

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
For the softest recoiling shotgun, Remington 1100 or 11-87.

My 1100 in 12 ga feels like a 28 ga.
My wife's 11-87 Youth in 20 ga feels like a .410 on my shoulder.

"Gas guns" soak up the recoil.
I've got an 1100 my dad got in 1964. I agree it's pretty easy shooting.

They're cheap now too. Or where last I checked.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,173 Posts
I bought an electric remote control trap and my late friend Steve and I used to shoot clay birds from it. Our typical round count for an afternoon was 200 shells each. Tried that with a Remington 870 12 gauge pump and was crippled up! Switched to a Remington 1100 12 gauge semi automatic and never felt that pain again! The gas operation of the 1100 cancels out the recoil beautifully!

Flash

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I have had work done on my shotguns at Magna Port, right down the road. One gun they did a cool porting pattern called Pigeon Port.

Another feature is they ream the forcing cone which helps felt recoil quite a bit.
I would add those items to a semi auto and it will purr like a kitty for you.

·
Daca is caca
3,478 Posts
Benelli m4 with the argos system softens that kick even chicks could shoot 2 3/4 buck out of it

Reactions: triggerjerk

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
Reactions: byf43
1 - 20 of 23 Posts