Glock Talk banner

Shot timer for dry firing

5815 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  ken grant
I have various laser trainers and laser sights.

However, I’d like to get a range timer for dry firing. I have a PACT timer but I’d like something that detects the click of a dry fire which this does not. I’ve tried phone apps which do not detect the sound, either.

Is the CED7000 my only option?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
I have a ced 7000a which is a version they used to make for airsoft (supposed to have a much more sensitive mic) and it will only detect a striker drop if within inches of the pistol. I don't think there are any more sensitive timers out there.

· Registered
828 Posts
Commander from AMG Lab capable detecting dry fire of standard pistol from few feet at high sensitivity. I am short on posts before I can paste a link but you can check it out as amg-lab dot com
or just google "amg lab shot timer"
Thanks I think I will order one once they are to the point you can just order one for now the ced 7000 will work to get draw to first shot times if you put it on a camera tripod at about the elevation that the pistol will be at within a foot or two of the gun. However other than draw to first shot for most dry fire drills a par time is more useful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.