Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have various laser trainers and laser sights.

However, I’d like to get a range timer for dry firing. I have a PACT timer but I’d like something that detects the click of a dry fire which this does not. I’ve tried phone apps which do not detect the sound, either.

Is the CED7000 my only option?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,011 Posts

However, I’d like to get a range timer for dry firing. I have a PACT timer but I’d like something that detects the click of a dry fire which this does not. I’ve tried phone apps which do not detect the sound, either.

I have a CED7000 and even on max sensitivity it doesn’t register dry fire. I could be doing something wrong though. I’ve been using a par time during dry fire.

A couple of the laser training tools, have targets that offer timing capability. No experience with any though. I’m thinking if getting a LaserPet. I think LasetLyte has a few targets that react to lasers hits and have timers.

·
Scottish Member
13,260 Posts
I have a CED7000 and even on max sensitivity it doesn’t register dry fire. I could be doing something wrong though. I’ve been using a par time during dry fire
Don't think you are doing anything wrong, my CED7000 doesn't either.

I'd be curious to know if the DoubleAlpha Shotmaxx-2 would pickup dry fire.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a CED7000 and even on max sensitivity it doesn’t register dry fire. I could be doing something wrong though. I’ve been using a par time during dry fire.

A couple of the laser training tools, have targets that offer timing capability. No experience with any though. I’m thinking if getting a LaserPet. I think LasetLyte has a few targets that react to lasers hits and have timers.
Thanks for the feedback. I was about to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Scottish Member
13,260 Posts
Reactions: Psy223

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
Dry fire is typically by par, and no, the 7000 will not pick up clicks. One advantage of working with pars is to break yourself of the habit of being influenced by the timer. You can use aggressive pars to help teach yourself to just shoot without any effort to go fast.

Try turning it around and use your timer to see how long your current process on a particular drill takes. Then make a change to the process (target focus vs. sight focus, for example) and see what time change that represents.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a ced 7000a which is a version they used to make for airsoft (supposed to have a much more sensitive mic) and it will only detect a striker drop if within inches of the pistol. I don't think there are any more sensitive timers out there.

·
Registered
37,619 Posts

Unless you ar trying to record splits, which is silly, no recoil, just set your timer for par for your drill.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
MI Refugee
158 Posts
Joining the thread for updates.

I had an iPhone app that usually (90% of the time) picked up dry clicks. It was a Surefire branded shot timer. Unfortunately they stopped servicing the app and it became unavailable on the App Store, then one of the big IOS updates killed the app's ability to open.

The hardware works, someone just needs to write the software to do it again. In the meantime I mess with par times rather than seeing my actual dry performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a ced 7000a which is a version they used to make for airsoft (supposed to have a much more sensitive mic) and it will only detect a striker drop if within inches of the pistol. I don't think there are any more sensitive timers out there.
Commander from AMG Lab capable detecting dry fire of standard pistol from few feet at high sensitivity. I am short on posts before I can paste a link but you can check it out as amg-lab dot com
or just google "amg lab shot timer"

·
Registered
762 Posts
Commander from AMG Lab capable detecting dry fire of standard pistol from few feet at high sensitivity. I am short on posts before I can paste a link but you can check it out as amg-lab dot com
or just google "amg lab shot timer"
Thanks I think I will order one once they are to the point you can just order one for now the ced 7000 will work to get draw to first shot times if you put it on a camera tripod at about the elevation that the pistol will be at within a foot or two of the gun. However other than draw to first shot for most dry fire drills a par time is more useful.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
At one time I had a couple of par timers on my desktop . One even had targets to use for dryfire .
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced and now I can't find them .
Can anyone help ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts