Shot the G23... Holy **** and a review

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RBL525, Feb 28, 2010.

1. RBL525

RBL525

Let me just say that was fun. I took a 19 and my new 23 to the range.

I started off with the 19 which I am used to. It went well, the same as it always has.

Then I shot the 23. Wow, there is a difference.

The 40 has a lot more snap than the 9mm. It made for tougher follow up shots, but once i get used to it it should be fine.

I also noticed a significant amount more muzzle flash. Plus, it is an indoor range, and the bullets spark off the back wall. The 40 has a much bigger spark.

I did have 2 FTEs but i am sure they were my fault. There is a slightly different break point in the trigger, and I caught myself anticipating the recoil a few times. I am going to have to work on my trigger control and grip.

Overall, very accurate, and fun to shoot. I had a few strays from anticipating recoil, but my groups were 3 inches at 25 feet. I am missing about an inch left and an inch up from point of aim, but that still had me in the ring most of the time.

Thanks all, Now I just have to wait for my G38 to show up and go compare all three at the range.

2. RBL525

RBL525

Forgot to mention the best part....

a couple lanes over, heard a guy ask his friend what that was. His answer... "I think he's shooting a 40"

3. LoadedTech

LoadedTech

Congrats on the 23, I love my Fortay!

4. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

5. Eagle22

Eagle22

;)

Congrats on the new 23

6. bnkrtstk

bnkrtstk

If I could only keep one Glock, it would be my 23. Sell the 19 and get a 40-9 conversion barrel and you'll be all set.

7. Larry V

Larry V

I have a 22RTF , 22 Gen4 23 and a 23RTF2 40 rocks, they are great guns!!

8. JoshK

JoshK

congrats on the 23 and welcome to .40 lovers club!

9. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

I have to say I had some dissappoinment over the weekend. My G23 falied to feed while shooting at the range. Brand new gun, had it for 2 weeks. It could've been ammo or needed to be oiled. I was shooting the Gold Dot 165 grain hollowpoint (its all I had on hand). I came home and cleaned it. I've been using Remoil. Any suggestions?

10. BiggJohn

BiggJohn NRA Life Member

I had the same problem with my 27 when I first bought it. Shoot a few hundred rounds of fmj through it and then try the Gold Dots again. Once the new recoil spring breaks in a bit everything should be fine.

11. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

That's good to hear. I now have some Remington UMC bullets I'm gonna try. I went through a box of Blazer's a week ago without the first problem. Hopefully that will be the last jam I see...

12. bikerdog

bikerdog

congrats on the 23. I own almost all the glock 40 models and the 23 is by far my favorite

13. soulless

soulless

great gun.. picking myself one sometime this summer

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

15. G23c

G23c

good call, the .40 is sporty.

16. Armed to the teeth!

Armed to the teeth!

Awesome! I also have a G23 and had a blast at the range yesterday:supergrin:. I also over heard ''I think he's shooting a .40'' Almost everyone else was shooting 9mm and .380's. So my shots where a lot louder with considerably more muzzle flash. I'm really liking the .40 s&w round its fun to shoot out of a G23. I have always been a 9mm guy before. But I am starting to reconsider:upeyes:

17. Jestur

Jestur

Cool. I have a 22 that i have fallen in love with. If you get a chance pick up a 44 mag and you will have a real noise maker in your hands.

18. RBL525

RBL525

it was so much fun, I went and put 250 more rounds through it. At 25 feet, first two magazines, double tap, every shot was in the center ring.

it was like this target, but the ring was a vertical oval a little bigger than the fist.
    [​IMG]

That is close to the best shooting i have done so far. It was like a great day with the 19.

Now I just have to wait to get the G38 in, and get signed op for a CC class.

If I can't decide which one to carry, I may have to get a CTAC for my weak side and carry both. :cool:

19. RBL525

RBL525

There was a guy shooting a 44 magnum 3 stalls over. all I can say is wow. That thing was loud. i would love to get one, but Glock doesn't make one yet. If they do, I am on the list.

20. firefyter55

firefyter55

I have a G23 that I have owned for about 10 years. After about 35,000 rounds it still shoots like it was new. Just shot it today in fact. I have had quite a bit of work done to it to keep it up to par but I bet it would have done the same with factory parts. I love it and will hold onto it for life. Congrats and Im sure with a little practice you will shoot like you do with your G19.