close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot my new P238

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by J.Kill, Jan 20, 2010.

1. J.Kill

J.Kill

So, I got a NIB p238 On Monday and took it to the range yesterday. The first mag through it was 6 rounds of 90gr. Speer Gold dots... no problem. I had an olllllld box of 95 gr Winchester .380's I ran through it. I had a few issues. Twice when using the slide stop I got a click no bang... so I maunaully recocked it and the round fired. 1 Ftfeed all with the Winchester. I also bought a 50 rd box of Blaser at the range and had 0 issues with those. So i'm leaning on the ammo for the initial issues. One thing that I did note was once in a while I'd get whacked in the forehead with an ejecting case... and it did hit with some force! I'm going back to the range this weekend with it and plan on shooting another 100 rds or so... I have some CCI's I may use or I may just buy some more of the Blasers there. In all, I really like the P238! I just hope the initial issues are a part of it breaking in. Thoughts?
    One other thing I did do is I slightly filed the edge from the trigger... It had some horribly sharp edges on it... Even though it shot very nicely and I was getting some great groups with it(range master even commented on how impressed he was with the grouping out of such a small gun) I had a nice blister on my finger after 106 rounds.

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Put 200 rds of that blaser hardball then clean it and oil it then see how it works..............................:wavey:

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

I'd keep shooting it.
    People have different views on 'out of the box' reliability, but personally I'll wait a few hundred rounds and a cleaning or two before seeing a few bobbles as abnormal.
    Sigs are high quality and well fitted guns, it wouldn't surprise me if some break in was needed.

4. decibels5

decibels5

:cop::cop:^^^

My wife's p238 likes round nose. still working them out. Had a few light strikes. I get the same thing with the ejection. the p238 is very hard on cases. sucks, because I can't reload them. find some round nose if available. try it out and break it in. mine is a little better than when I first bought it, but still sensitive.

5. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

So I take it that you like the 238? Ammo issues are the most prevalent issue for any new gun. You will have to find which ammo is fed with 100 percent reliability.