Shot My New Glock 30!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ginny, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

I know, everyone posts this ... but it is so cool! My Glock 21 is my favorite gun and I carry it everyday when I'm working and when I'm not. The Glock 30 was the logical replacement of my AirLite as a back-up even though it is much bigger. I didn't expect to like it so much, though. I am going to try the Pierce floorplates. This thing has the potential to be my new favorite ... even though it doesn't have the cool looking holster wear that my Glock 21 has yet.

BIG DAWG X2 NOW! ;f ;f ;f

2. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Cool deal Ginny! I acquired my .45s bassackwards from you. I got two G30s first and I dig them so much I decided to their big brother to the collection by purchasing a G21 for home defense this week.

I've tried the Pearce plates but decided to stick with the standard 10 round magazines however the Pearce plates are a popular addition amongst GTers.

The 30 is an accurate little bugger, huh?

3. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

You can say that again! First fifty rounds went through an oval hole in the middle of my target at 10 yards. I was just seeing what it shot like and I wasn't paying much attention to accuracy. It just kept returning to the same spot with little recoil or movement. It really felt like a small G21. What a great package!!! I can't stop smiling about it and I am not even at the range;f ;f ;f ;f

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Now all you need is a 9 round magazine for those times that you require just a little more concealment.

5. brownie

brownie QuickKill Instr

My g-30 is a constant companion even though I really want to carry my 1911 Colt.;P

Surprises even myself, let alone the friends who have known me to be a 1911 man for 30 years now. They expect to see the sistema in a IWB, then they learn I have the g-30 in a like kind rig and are amazed I would be carrying it in lieu of of the 1911.

The g-30 is very accurate almost to the point it's scary because the bullets seem to be willed onto the target with little effort in grip, sight, trigger control. It just happens, and all the time.

Now if my g-17 would cooperatee like the g-30 I might carry it more often, then again, probably not now that I have the big Dawg to fondle.

Brownie

6. commander

commander

My shooting family were in disbelief too when I went to plastic. For years I said that real guns aren't made out of black plastic.

I can't honestly say that my 30 is more accurate than my Enhanced Commander but I trust it just as much and it's easier to carry. My 30 is plenty accurate for self defense and it's fun to shoot. Oh, I don't have to remember to flick my thumb safety anymore.

I guess I'm not alone. Just found out my old PD switched after 30 years of carrying their 1911's to G21's & 30's. Smart move!

I think my next one will be a 20 with a hunting barrel.

7. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

I am very happy with my new Glock 30 and it is probably going to be my favorite, but, I still want to get a G20 before they stop making them. I wanted a Glock 32C to carry off duty, but know that I have my G30, I don't think I should waste the money.;d

8. commander

commander

If your duty gun is a 21 it makes perfect sense to carry a 30 off duty. But isn't it a little large for a BUG. Where do you carry it;d

Having said that, I remember carrying a Bren Ten in a shoulder holster under my vest a few times. A little much thinking back on it now.

9. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

I carry it in an ankle holster with the stock Glock baseplate. I'm 6-02, 250, so it doesn't show. It is a bit heavy compared to the Airlite that I am used to. I am thinking about trying a holster on one of the elastic straps of my vest or a shoulder holster. I might just get used to the extra weight ... I carried the Airlite on my ankle for two years and I really couldn't tell that it was there at all.

10. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

whoa!!! g30 in an ankle holster...:)