Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the range and ran about 350 rounds threw it. The first 2 clips I put all 26 rounds in the target (one of the black ones that turn yellow when you hit it) I was shooting at 16 yrds. I was really impressed with it and so were a few other people. They said I must practice often...."Nope, first time shooting it" I have shot other 40 Caliber's but NONE of them compare to this Glock :wow: Definetly a keeper!! I was using 180 FMJ re-loads and didn't have 1 miss-fire or jam or anything. Everything was perfect. I since put a Hogue Rubber grip on it so I will see what happens. Super comfy grip and feels good in my hand compared to other guns I have shot.:embarassed:

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
Congrats. Powerful punch.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Congrats! A G23 was my first firearm, I love mine. I have a Hogue Handall on mine and though it adds bulk to the grip, it works great for my hands.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I am glad to hear you like it so much and that it performed so well. My better half (who is just interested in the gun for self defense and is not into shooting as a sport) just bought one today. I am pleased to hear even a less experienced shooter can do just fine with one.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Enjoy your gun. Love the .40 punch...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Great gun! I've had mine about three weeks and I find it shoots about 1/2 inch left of point of aim at 10 yards. Hence, I have ordered the MGW sight tool so that maybe I can adjust that out. The nice part is that it does the same thing, EVERY time, because it is a Glock! Enjoy the ride!

emore

·
Retired police officer and retired holster maker
979 Posts
I've had my 2nd generation G23 since 1997. It's been my LEO duty weapon. If I could only keep one of my Glocks, it would be that one.

Randy

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe the G23 is the perfect size and the perfect caliber! I really like mine, and I can shoot it very accurately!
I don't imagine that it will ever be leaving my ownership ! :supergrin:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Kuddos. The 23 was my first Glock and it made me want to buy other models. Be very careful -- Glocks can be contagious...

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
I cant wait to get my G23!! I hope I can still find a brand new Gen 3 after tax return money comes in

·
Long Trail
2,478 Posts
The 23 is my favorite, and also my daughters fav.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Congrats!! Btw there called magazines.
CLIP
A device for holding a group of cartridges. Semantic wars have been fought over the word, with some insisting it is not a synonym for "detachable magazine." For 80 years, however, it has been so used by manufacturers and the military. There is no argument that it can also mean a separate device for holding and transferring a group of cartridges to a fixed or detachable magazine or as a device inserted with cartridges into the mechanism of a firearm becoming, in effect, part of that mechanism.
This from the NRA Firearms Glossary
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FirearmsGlossary/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts