close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot my friend's Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alogusz, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Alogusz

Alogusz

Man what a sweet gun! I rented a Glock 36 before and was really impressed with how controllable the pistol was.

I was worried the G30 would be too thick for my hands, but it really wasn't. I shot better with it than I ever did with my Hk 45c.

We shot some S&B and about 20 Corbon 185 +p's I had around.Recoil wasn't that much more with those. You can really notice a difference in loudness between the two rounds, esp standing behind someone shooting.

A g30 will probably be my next pistol.

2. davesglock30

davesglock30

they are a very nice shooting gun! and they are very accurate to boot. i'm really glad that i bought my 30. i haven't had a single problem yet and it is one of the "recalled" ones too.

3. python1340

python1340 Licensed to Ill

I don't think the G30 is too big for my hands - I think it's too big for CCW.

Me and my friend went to the range. He had his G30, and I had my SIG P-220. We both shot a lot better at 15 yards with my SIG. It was his first time shooting a SIG. I believe it is because the trigger is that much nicer.

4. brownie

brownie QuickKill Instr

I'm only 5' 10" and 185 pounds but the g-30 hides quite well for me.

If you don't believe me just ask all the people who have no idea I am carrying a gun when I have it on my person.;f

Brownie

5. python1340

Almost certainly you will print if wearing a t-shirt and jeans. The G36 is much better due to the slim(mer) grip.

6. docglock

docglock Member

Buy the one that fits your hand best and is the most comfortable to shoot (the G36 has a noticeably snappier recoil). If you are really concerned about wanting the extra capacity of the G30, give this some thought - if you are a civilian (not a LEO), what is the likelihood that 11 versus 7 rounds will make a difference to you?

7. .45Kevin

.45Kevin Weapons Trainer

True fact...most all gunfights are 3 rounds. But I like the 10 + 1 of the 30 just in case! After all its MY ***!;f

8. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

I would feel more comfortable putting my Glock back in its holster with 4 rounds in it than empty, but thats just me.

9. python1340

I always like to think of it in terms of statistics.

What are the odds that:

1. You'll ever be in a gunfight in your life

or

2. That you'll be in a gunfight requiring more than 7 rounds

There's not much difference between 1 and 2, and I'd rather have the capacity.